#18 Lewis Hayes

And the hand/forearm that Jack Riewoldt kept punching.

2 Likes

How dare you?

Riewoldt is a Good Bloke.

Oh yeah…getting up there singing with The Killers.

How is this guy tracking?

Every time I watch vfl (about half the games) I don’t really notice him, which can be a positive given he’s a defender.

Got a good falcon today.

Hes tracking well. Shows all the right signs, just needs time.

4 Likes

I’ve seen a bit of him from the couch, he’s impressive for a young tall. Shows good potential. Tall, can mark and kick. Makes decent decisions.

Amazed we haven’t broken him yet. Very durable.

I can see him playing a few games next year.

6 Likes

Don’t forget Neagle

The fact he’s not broken puts him ahead of all the other young talls.

3 Likes

Far ahead of where I was expecting when he was drafted.

Few quiet games recently, maybe starting to slow down in his first year, but prior to that he was outstanding for an 18 year old tall.

Really bullish on this kid.

10 Likes

He must be made from cement!

yet.

3 Likes

Yeti.

1 Like

May I say Dustin Fletcher was unique and could do things that astounded us and other football people. How many of us still remember that kick through the goals from the centre square?

2 Likes

Really strange how our 2nd pick in the draft last year (pick 250 has basically had no talk around him…

How do we think he’s tracking?

Good at reading the flight and intercept marking.
Looks like he needs another year of VFL to me so he can get closer to growing a body that can withstand the crash & bash of AFL.

3 Likes

i went to a few vfl games this year. he was fine. didnt really stand out. Baldwin is well ahead of him.

2 Likes

Iam bullish on him, once he puts on a bit of size will be a good defender.
Also has a decent frame I feel like if he and Reid come on we will be in a ok spot defensively

4 Likes

Well his spine hasn’t been fractured yet so that’s a positive

36 Likes

Watched him when we got smashed by Sydney VFL. I thought he showed some good signs. Hope he can develop and get some AFL time next year.

The stress fractures normally come in year 2

3 Likes

Might be the next BZT, take a few years in the VFL before cracking in
Need to be patient with him.