#18 Lewis Hayes

Greatest of them all …Alex Rance

Greatest of them all Justin Leppitsch.

Like numbers drawn for lotto…there would be lot of examples of 4 being drawn or 3 being drawn…no point arguing one got drawn million times and other million and one times.

Only issue with Hayes for me is that he collapsed doing a 2km time trial. That’s scary.

It is Francis like fitness issues in draft year. We just got rid of him…just hoping we haven’t gone and gambled on another one with fitness issues.

2 Likes

I like them green.

… and Cody Brand

1 Like

We do seem to back our development team in to turn players with fitness challenges around… for some unknown reason. Must be the spongy floors making us confident.

2 Likes

Just quietly we picked up a couple as well.

Without having any expertise in the area, I kinda like it. I like that he pushed himself so far beyond the red line that his body packed it in, and yet he kept on pushing trying desperately to stay on his feet. He didn’t give up as soon as it got tough.

1 Like

Hurley

(Edit - I meant Hurley was drafted as a the best Full Back in the draft)

Very happy with this pick in principle.

We need some tall defenders. Especially with Josh and Cody not making it. Hopefully Lewis will.

1 Like

Mate, we are in struggle town already. We have used a lot of players in key back positions, and BZT did quite well for the last third of last season, but the fact is he’s a skinny rake and can’t compete against a decent power forward. None of the players we have tried have been able to do that. Stewart has the size but not the ability to use his size. We desperately need a big-bodied key back. Let’s hope Lewis will develop into one.

4 Likes

Already looks more athletic than Brand. That’s a start.

2 Likes

Interesting comments by Ben Waterworth at Fox Footy in his Draft preview back in October, considered him better than Weddle and Gruzewski that went earlier.

10 Likes

I seriously don’t see how people think Reid will be a good forward.

Lacks intensity.

He was absolutely woeful against Richmond when he played up forward in the last game.

Mediocre at best up forward when he had the 2-3 games there at the end of the VFL season

1 Like

sorry, did you expect him to be John Coleman incarnate in less than half a dozen games of footy up forward?

2 Likes

Was John Coleman only a cog above woeful?

1 Like

The 20 year old stick insect, wasn’t elite in his first game up forward, at AFL level. Alert the press.

2 Likes

Massive difference between elite and how he played in the Richmond game and the vfl games up forward

I haven’t seen him play forward at VFL level.

And he is 20 years old. And a stick insect.

2 Likes

you’ve judged a kid off less than 5 games, and you clearly have no idea what he got up to before he was drafted

brain-dead surface level judgements do seem to be your forte though

1 Like