#18 Michael Hurley -- now coaching

Just watched the press conference and Woosha said it was a subflux. Not ruled out for the final.

Pity.

1 Like

Why even post that garbage here? Legitimate nothing, non commital statement by a lecherous turd.

5 Likes

My fault. I said “I reckon Hurls shoulder is ■■■■■■ because he spends half the game raising his arm apologising for his poor kick”

Nek mint

Does his shoulder

11 Likes

‘my info’ lol

Qouted verbatim from post match presser.

Don’t disagree. That’s typically the approach with a sublux though (not to be confused with a dislocation incidentally which potentially is more serious). The challenge for Hurls I think is that he already has chronic instability of the shoulder which I think has meant that he has had to have a scaled back weights program. Typically the heal on a subluxation can be days to weeks. Hopefully they’ve got him started with Hyperbaric sessions already. I reckon he plays.

2 Likes

He will be fine, we will get him up.

You can needle a sublux right?

Even if he’s not fine we’ll roll him out.

1 Like

Bring in Zerk if he’s not right, we’ll need him the week after.

For mad Monday?

Just juice him up with painkillers and he will be fine to play. Hurley is one tough ombré, he won’t miss this

3 Likes

More of a show of faith in Zerk but yeh, the way Hurls came in and organised the backline the other night shows how important he is…fck it, jab him and roll him out.

All this news does is warn whoever we are playing Hurley has a dodgy shoulder. Get ready for the crash and bash if he plays.

Does the club use infrared rays for injuries?

You reckon whoever we play wouldnt have known otherwise?

Apparently some clubs watch footage of the opposition to prepare, lucky it didnt happen on camera

1 Like

Oddly enough it’s not the crash & bash to worry about.
If you watch Franga actually collides with Hurley forcing his upraised arm backwards & slightly side ways.
Not an easy motion to replicate in a football game unless you’re ‘chicken-wing’ Judd.

2 Likes

As much as I love Hurls to play finals, if he is not fit, do not play him. Time and again we have played injured blokes who turn into a liability. If he is not ready to play in two weeks, play a bloke who is not underdone. Saying this in the Hurley thread, but it goes for everyone

2 Likes

I’d play him if he is 70%+

Big general for us and keeps our backline structure straight

3 Likes

It’ll be an interesting one for him

People can dislocate knee caps, fingers etc and have them put back in and fine.

A shoulder however I’m not sure of. If no damage but just needing swelling/soreness to go down well then maybe he will be ok.

May be at greater risk of it happening again though if not fully settled

Can’t recall the player but someone on another team seemingly popped shoulder out again and again last year.

I think it was Sinclair who did it twice in one match this year.