#19 David Hillé

Farking great bloke, should have been All Australian in 2008. Oh and was great in the last quarter of the 2004 Elimination final.

Arguably, the best pick #40 ever taken.

Unfortunately not even close. One G Ablett jnr was drafted at pick 40 in 2001.

So he's second then. Not close?

Enjoy your retirement David.  Thank you to a former Club Captain and a great club man.

Arguably, the best pick #40 ever taken.

Unfortunately not even close. One G Ablett jnr was drafted at pick 40 in 2001.
So he's second then. Not close?
I wouldn't include Gary Ablett with his selection skewed by being a Father-Son pick, but much as I love Hilley I would have to put Michael O‘Loughlin (1994) in front of him, 2 All Australians, 303 games and 2nd on the all time Swans goal kicking.

laters!

Well played David, from when I knew him he was a really good fellow, I only really met him once since he started playing seniors, but he took time out to speak to me.  It was the night of his first game since he was given the caretaker captaincy. 

Hilley gave his all, was a really, really good player, who probably deserved being regularly mentioned in AA nominations.  He was a massive unit and used his body like a ruckman should.  Played really well against the good ruckmen of the day, but probably did not slaughter the lesser ruckmen, hence he perhaps did not get the nod for AA.

Congratulations on your career, and good luck for the future, you are a gentleman and a sharp guy.  I don't imagine he will be involved in footy post retirement, but I could very well be wrong on that.

As anyone who's had anything to do with him would attest, Hilley is a great human being. Best of luck to him.