#19 Kobe "The Eel" Mutch

Have we gone of topic ?

Not by mutch.

legit my cousins mate went for the pies because he likes pies.

Friend of a friend used to wear a Cats beanie. Asked her how she thought Geelong would go at the start of the season a few years ago - her answer: ā€œwhat?ā€ She had bought the beanie at a second hand shop because she liked cats. Didnā€™t even know it was associated with sport.

Nick Giannopoulosā€™s mum was supposed to buy him Richmond gear but they were out so she bought him Essendon stuff. She was a Greek mum living in Richmond.

Heā€™s a hardcore Bombers fan as a result.

Iā€™ve still got the fecking Brisbane Bears jumper my mum bought me when they didnā€™t have any Essendon stuff in stock.

And, to answer your question: no.

Closet supporter! Any real bombers supporter would have thrown the jumper back in their mums face and given her a wtf look?

In the video on our website "nah didn't really speak much to the Giants"

The academies really are a joke.

I agree. Also when Setterfield was asked about the Academy, he replied that he had a bit to do with it when he was 13-14, but not so much after he moved to Melbourne. Itā€™s an absolute farce.

But GWS are developing AFL talent in areas that are not known for AFL players (cough Wayne Carey). I mean the AFL in their wisdom surely know what they are doing, in the long term it will help the game.

Said no one ever.

In the video on our website "nah didn't really speak much to the Giants"

The academies really are a joke.

I agree. Also when Setterfield was asked about the Academy, he replied that he had a bit to do with it when he was 13-14, but not so much after he moved to Melbourne. Itā€™s an absolute farce.

But GWS are developing AFL talent in areas that are not known for AFL players (cough Wayne Carey). I mean the AFL in their wisdom surely know what they are doing, in the long term it will help the game.

Said no one ever.

They know what they are doing . They have their own team ( Actually more than one . But they have nailed it with GWS . ) in the competition, and they intend it to win . Repeatedly. If that occurs it will bring them financial reward . The game, they are not so concerned about . Not as you or I would see it . Are you concerned about the lack of games in China ? Iā€™m not . But I am not in a position to make a Sh**load of money out of " the game " . Neither are you . The AFL is .

more than one

Ps . More than one at the end of my rant is a typo .Not a mysterious end point .

First Impressions of Woosha:

Kobe: ā€œHeā€™s got good terminologyā€

Love it. lol.

Love it. lol.

Heā€™s a real word smith!

He will let his footy do the talking. (I hope).

Didnā€™t have mutch to say

Emma Quayle has written a good article on him in The Age today.

Genuinely doesnā€™t know if he is a left or right footer.

Would paste the article, but to support Emma Q, follow the link.

Genuinely doesn't know if he is a left or right footer.

Glenn Hawker Mk2?

Love it. lol.

Heā€™s a real word smith!

I bet he spelled gatorade backwards correctly.

Donā€™t agree with making 1 foot elite. get both to be elite. a kid that is more than competent on both when he gets draft should be able to do that, youā€™d think.

It does seem odd

Mitchell has had that point of difference with great kicking on both sides. Walla looks pretty elite both sides. Aker, and many more have shown that dual sided foot skills are much harder to defend

Yeah, wonder whoā€™s made point? Maybe his kicking either side isnā€™t up to AFL standard yet and heā€™d be better off focusing on one side?

it seems moreso deciding what foot to kick for decision making purposes, to eliminate the thought process of having to decide which foot to kick onā€¦ so perhaps its like 80% on one foot, then the other 20% on the other foot when its absolutely called for

I can see the logic in that and dont particularly think its a bad idea

We are already Essington-ing the kid.

By the new year he wonā€™t be able to kick on either side.

it seems moreso deciding what foot to kick for decision making purposes, to eliminate the thought process of having to decide which foot to kick on... so perhaps its like 80% on one foot, then the other 20% on the other foot when its absolutely called for

I can see the logic in that and dont particularly think its a bad idea

Probably both. Every one needs to work on their kicking so does he have to double up on every training drill? And Iā€™m not talking just shots at goal, there would be drills that involve your dominant side, and certain positions might require/prefer a lefty.

It may end up as he suggests in the article - he may kick goofy in field play but set shots on the right, that could satisfy the coaches too.