#19 Nick Hind

Exactly. 30-40m. I’d be worried if he wasn’t effective in that range on a set play. His efficiency drops in general play.

I really don’t understand what your complaint is. Are you sure you’re reading those charts correctly? His kicking seems to be just as effective in general play (top) compared to set plays (bottom). There also seems to be plenty of kicks over 40m.

I’m not even claiming that those charts are particularly meaningful (the definition of an “effective kick” is pretty sketchy, IMO).

2 Likes

I think he’s a terrible decision maker, a poor defender and an average kick. His kicks lack penetration and don’t open up the game. Agree “effective” is a bullshit stat.

2 Likes

Didn’t click with Rutten was there on show when he didn’t acknowledge him on the bench I think he’ll bounce back under Brad.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he only plays another 10 or so games in his whole career. I don’t think Brad would like hinds style. Who knows.

4 Likes

I think the opposite.

Scott openly spoke about how the AFL had worked to take congestion out of game and have it more free flowing. Players who can break away into space are important and damaging. Was discussing Tsatas when this was noted.

The stand rule and the overlap run Hind can provide out of defensive half is important.

Also been coaching happening about moving ball on quickly from defence moreso at training. He does this by nature.

Personally I think the attacking side of Hind’s game will be seen as a weapon for us (and it is).

Does he also need to be better defensively in moments? Yes. Does he also need to show more composure ball in hand in moments? Yes.

Given he is capable of 30+ possession games it means he gets to a lot of contests/involves himself a lot, and simply not going to get it right all of the time.

And Scott you’d think would be far more confident in himself than Rutten was and be able to hold any big headed ness to account.

17 Likes

Not like you to can a bomber player.

1 Like

I dunno. Never been a huge fan. He’s quick and somewhat creative but not much else. I think he has a limited skill set.

Totally right Speedy. Hind will be fine this season. Even if the stats mentioned are only 80% accurate he’s still a more than decent rebounding HBF for us.

That Rutten vision is all of nothing as you see he acknowledges him as he walks off the ground to the bench. I wasn’t happy either until I rewatched the whole piece again and clocked it all. He was just totally ■■■■■■ off and didn’t want to talk about it, trying to calm down.

All I can say is if I was slammed into the deck like he was and then penalised HTB, and the oppo got a goal out of it I’d be bloody peeved as well. Was a shocker that decision and he couldn’t believe it either.

3 Likes

He did the same thing to Razor Ray against fark Carlton last year and gave away a goal.

Maybe his behaviour towards the umps gets him a bad deal.

1 Like

The ■■■■ around Hind and the umps and Truck is such a non issue.

1 Like

You’ve got to be cruel to be HIND.

3 Likes

Untill some one comes along thats better than Hind,Hind will continue to get games

3 Likes

McGrath and Massimo are two players that instantly spring to mind who didnt play substantial genuine back pocket time in 2022 that should in 2023.

Played atley in a similar role probably every game he coached North.

1 Like

Bit like you

4 Likes

Wow, funny…

Best answer ever.

3 Likes

Well that’s just impossible. I’ve been reliably informed that McGrath is a far worse kick.

Also… Hind/Redman/Massimo… not a bad set of kicks at half back.

I know some have referenced an initial acknowledgement of Rutten took place on the bench, but the subsequent behaviour is still inexcusable in my books.

Irrespective of whether Rutten was inexperienced or lacked connection with players, Hind’s behaviour was disrespectful and unacceptable. A willingness to not only act like this toward the Senior Coach (his boss), but to also do so in public speaks volume to his character.

Irrespective of what respect and committment Scott will demand and likely receive from the players moving forward (including Hind), I hope he is purely depth and off the list by end of contract.

1 Like