#19 Nick Hind

Geez Shiel took a few short steps with that ball coming over the top

1 Like

That whole bit is absolute perfection, Setterfield can’t decide whether to shepherd or make an option and instead does neither. Like none of them speak the same language.

3 Likes

Over a players career, there will be games which, for better or for worse, define them. This will be one such game for Nick, and it wont be for the better.

Somehow, he is contracted until the end of NEXT year. Another list management masterpiece.

2 Likes

To be fair, he got that contract extension in a year he was best 22. He hasn’t stayed there (and probably wasn’t ever going to) but it’s not the worst call around.

(As opposed to J Stewart, who got a 2 year deal in a year he played 10 games and another 2 year deal in a year he played 6 - truly must have the best agent in the world)

1 Like

No, they weren’t.

3 Likes

I am reminded of the immortal words of Dirty Harry, “A man has got to know his limitations.” Hind doesn’t know his limitations, but he is willing to try and push them, and for that he is to be commended.

3 Likes

They were absolutely there. Brisbane players were also given a free and 50 against for not giving the ball back/kicking it away.

2 Likes

he may be only one member of the selection committee, but it’s his job on the line at the end of the day.
cos from last years selection committee, at a glance I can only think of ONE person who isn’t still at the club, and he held he exact same position as scott does now.

and no doubt next year or the year after if we haven’t developed to a satisfactory point, the masses will only have one person in their sights, and he won’t have the luxury of hiding behind, oh but the “selection committee” picked hind, and picked heppell and every other questionable decision.
it’ll be you’re in charge, it’s your job and you ultimately chose to play them.

I think we’ve got a double negative here. I said the decisions weren’t wrong or harsh.

1 Like

Eight turnovers, is that some sort of record!

I’d load him last so he hits the ground first and slightly cushions the fall of the other 7.

Little Nicky Hind

1 Like

No, it also wasn’t the highest, that went to Worpel with 9.

Here is the top 10 turnover merchants:

Brad Scott told him to take on the game and not worry about making any mistakes. So Hind did just that!

1 Like

No surprise that Taranto is at the top of the tree, as he would be most weeks.

1 Like

He should never play another minute in Essendon colours.

AFL or VFL

1 Like

Done with this bloke. NEVER AGAIN!

Great save on the siren.

2 Likes

No more

Never again please