#19 Nick Hind

Did fair.Just another worker in the vineyard. Made some mistakes,did a couple of good things.

2 Likes

showed good desperation to save a couple of goals tonight. Took the game on where he could. There is worse players

8 Likes

That is his best quality, takes the game on, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnā€™t. Eliminate a few of those turnovers and his value to the team will increase dramatically. Still reckon his best value would be as the sub, where his fresh legs and pace would be a factor.

15 Likes

Agree, he would be a good sub for the vfl team

Well that is a first for you.

Did some good things and some bad. He is a hard player to like with his carry on.

Merrett laid that game winning tackle on Dusty, by sprinting past Hind, who was kind of jogging in Dustyā€™s general direction, sort of.

Itā€™s a pity Hind doesnā€™t use his elite speed defensively.

12 Likes

I mean. He used it pretty well defensively to save 2 goals.

But I donā€™t know why Iā€™m arguing, I donā€™t actually disagree with you. He could do far more with his defensive running

3 Likes

Valid point.

1 Like

I dunno if they drop him before, but he makes way for Tsatas when Elijah is fit.

Longterm I hope they swing Wanganeen into the backline because heā€™d be able to take the game on whilst having a bit more flash with ball in hand.

Nick ā€˜Footstepsā€™ Hind

2 Likes

He was more than decent against the Tigers - yes a couple of turnovers - but he was crucial late where he saved a couple of goals. I feel like he is building his confidence and form back - Iā€™d drop others in our current 22 before him - if we can get him back into 2021/early 2022 form heā€™s a valuable asset with his speed and run a point of difference

5 Likes

I donā€™t understand the hate after that game.

6 Likes

At half time I had him as the player most deserving of being subbed out, but he redeemed himself during the third, especially with the lunge on the siren. Unless he finds better form though, heā€™ll be in the 2s when we get a few back.

Loved it when he left Cotchin floundering and ran ahead of Redman as a release. Fortuitously Mason said leave it with me.

2 Likes

Itā€™s difficult to justify the angst against Hind. He played well, though a few errrors, played with courage, and tackled well. Also had 23 possessions and 6 tackles. You donā€™t dump players like that unless you can replace him with someone better, faster and more productive. And thatā€™s not on our list - yet.

9 Likes

Not when going for THAT mark, he ā– ā– ā– ā–  his pants.
That what annoys supporters, itā€™s not his skill errors or whatever, itā€™s the short steps when itā€™s his turn to go, or in last nightā€™s game, taking your eyes off the ball and missing a straightforward chest mark, cause he thought he was going to be cleaned up.

4 Likes

This is the key thing. Clearly lacking in confidence /clarity and it impacts in decision making, skill etc. Heā€™s opting to kick when heā€™s probably better off carrying the footy, and vice versa. Iā€™ve thought for a while that he hasnā€™t yet settled on the role and how it works in totality with Redman , McGrath etc. He certainly still has some tools we need. Just not finding real form - as yet.

8 Likes

His skill errors annoy me.

2 Likes

I donā€™t mind a few clangers when we are taking rye game on, itā€™s the ones under no pressure that are the worst . nick was better last night. until we get other players back in he stays. he has a good opportunity for the next month to work it out