#19 Nick Hind

The theory of us not wanting him because he couldn’t hit a target just got put to bed, not sure about yesterday but went at 100% efficiency last week for the few touches he had.

2 Likes

As i recall nick came out of nowhere in 2017 and was very good. Recruiters would have wanted to see him back it up in 2018. But really we have amazing depth in HBF players and we have 2 above average best 22 hbfs . I wwould have been surprised if we drafted him tbh.

1 Like

Oh, it makes sense we didn’t and I certainly was in the let’s not get him camp, I was just responding to Lloyd apparently saying we did want him. It’s always the risk you take if you spot some talent and decide bring them in to your VFL system first to have a look at whether it’s AFL talent. Everyone else gets to have a closer look too.

From a hbf perspective, he’s played 2 games, kicked 4 goals, and had 76% of his possessions in the forward half of the ground, which is a less deep position for us, but neither here nor there in this discussion.

1 Like

Nick Hind is not just a HBF so that is selling him very short.

Plenty of time last season when our midfield wasn’t getting it done Nick was put in the middle to use his acceleration away from stoppages.

In quite a few games he was the difference between us winning and losing.

I would have liked him on our list but saints got in early.

Good luck to him.

3 Likes

it seemed he was playing on a hff from the lil footage i saw of him.

and really, his poor disposal of the football was an issue ???
why the ■■■■ isn’t it an issue for 3/4 of our ■■■■■■■ list at present who can barely hit a ■■■■■■■ target by hand or foot.
least it’d have been fun watching him, saad and mckenna running around not knowing where any of them would have ended up haha.

he was worth at least a rookie spot after 2017, but as someone else said hey we had to make sure jackson ■■■■■■■ merrett was given enough time to try and prove himself.

3 Likes

Or keeping Jake Long on the list

3 Likes

Slipped through our fingers like butter.

1 Like

Yes
Butter takes a long time to
melt
We should have swept on him as he showed so much promise
There were several posts on bb the previous year encouraging the club to select him but were ignored

It was too late after his true potential was realised

1 Like

Hardly worth losing sleep over. Even in our current state, doubt be would get a run

well yeah, cos zaka cant be dropped.

how many of our mids have kicked 3 goals in a game

A genuine talent

so was Josh Jenkins

3 Likes

Nick with 2 goals and 9 possessions with time left in the 2nd

2 Likes

Would have been a nice Colyer replacement.

Why is it we can’t identify our own talent.

Some will say we already have enough of his type but I would have taken him anyway.

He would probably be playing in place of Fantasia at the moment.

He got taken before our pick IIRC so not much could do about it

Meant to pop in here the other day after seeing his game against FCFC.

Had a ripper. Well done Nick, … you’ve taken your chance with both hands, and both running flat out legs as well.

1 Like

We sould probably not make the same mistake with Aaron Heppell then. hes at least worth a rookie spot.

Lol no he isn’t.

Heppell in my opinion would offer less than a Guelfi.

He’s got heart but doesn’t have any stand out qualities.