#19 Nick Hind

Making a few on here eat their words, turns out his kicking efficiency is pretty good.

What about his heart?

True.

Heā€™s the phar lap of the VFL

1 Like

We rookied McNiece! Aaron would be a massive improvement on the list

1 Like

Hind would have given us depth in two areas we currently donā€™t have much depth in, linebreaking HBF and AFL ready hff.

He is the only one who has slipped through our net that I can think of.

Walla and Ambrose thankfully didnā€™t.

Please tell me that this is the final year of McNieces contract.

We still have s lot of dead wood on our list

Its his 3rd year as a Cat B rookie. so he would need to be upgraded to the senior list. i would be mortified if he was upgraded.

1 Like

Long
McNiece
Zlarke
Baguley
Houlahan
Dea

These guys should all be looking for new homes but due to our lack of high picks unfortunately some will be retained. Most likely Zlarke and Houlahan.

Long I want gone on principle.

principle? i just want him gone because hes not very good :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Thereā€™s been a few others over the past 5-10 years - Campbell, Dickson (both of whom were on our radar, Dogs swooped first) in one draft.

I view those guys as being poached as we were going to pick them up and we didnā€™t sleep on them.

We had plenty of opportunity for Hind though.

No he would not, HeppA is not even close to AFL standard.

1 Like

Itā€™s a shame we couldnā€™t add Hind, he was far more important to our VFL side than some of the listed players yet we didnā€™t pick him up.

Ess Pick 39 - Mosquito
StK Pick 54 - Hind
Ess Pick 60 - Gown
Ess Pick 72 - Ham

We missed Hind as Saints took him before us, maybe we might have at 60. But I donā€™t think anyone would be upset with who we selected

Ham is an inspired selection at this stage

3 Likes

Easy to criticise in Hindsight.

4 Likes

Really? Heā€™s played 3 games hasnā€™t he?

Ham is 20, a natural footballer, fast, with a massive tank. imo he has more upside than Hind, particularly in terms of a potential 200+ games, and good value at pick 72. But he does need to build his body to compete well at AFL level.

Will run up and down the fat side until the early morn like a latter day Stants.

3 Likes

3 more than anyone else we have drafted last year. Even better with his build

Ham has potential but is no certainty.

Often the trouble with recruiting lightly framed guys is how they adjust to stacking on weight to compete at the next level. Langford is a good example of that.

players that play outside like Ham most likely will, donā€™t necessarily have to be quick but its certainly a massive advantage. If Ham naturally gains another 5-10kg in the next 2 or 3 years and doesnā€™t lose any of his pace and mobility then we will have a good player.

If he does lose it then we have another Koby Mutch.

Ess made the right call the way the cards fell.

Mosquito will be better than Hind in two years.

I think Ham hasnā€™t done much wrong so far in the seniors also.

2 Likes