#19 Shaun Edwards

The new Jetta.

He's a good size

Can anyone advise what he achieved this year?

What sort of player is he and what’s his best role?

Is he looking likely for a spot in 2015?

Can anyone advise what he achieved this year?
What sort of player is he and what's his best role?
Is he looking likely for a spot in 2015?

Hopefully he can develop into a Gilbert McAdam type for us. Dempsey would be the closest player on our list in style to Edwards.

So he’s a quick rebounding defender like Demps or more of a line breaking winger like Lovett

I hope his is a winger, good size, fast and flys for marks. Prototype wingman in my books. Just hope he has good endurance, if not they should put him in the gym and make him run 10km everyday between now and the start of the season (on top of normal training!)

I'm not sure if there's some unwritten rule that you should only compare indigenous players to other indigenous players, but from the couple of televised VFL games this year he kind of reminds me of Isaac Smith.

So what position is he anyway? Half back, forward, wing? They've all been mentioned in 2 pages of this thread, if we're a bit unclear on what position he actually plays it's a bit hard to see where he fits into the team

So what position is he anyway? Half back, forward, wing? They've all been mentioned in 2 pages of this thread, if we're a bit unclear on what position he actually plays it's a bit hard to see where he fits into the team

That's because he seems to have been played everywhere including, I believe, as a key defender in one game. I don't know what the coaching staff think his best position is, but given his height and speed and our list, I'd like to see him played on the wing.

That's because he seems to have been played everywhere including, I believe, as a key defender in one game. I don't know what the coaching staff think his best position is, but given his height and speed and our list, I'd like to see him played on the wing.

Are we getting a new VFL coach?

I'd like to see him played in the VFL only. From what ive seen of him i'm not sure he has the appetite for it

Others may disagree

Any thoughts on why he hasnt been tried in the ones. Even Aylett and Van Unen got a gig this year

Has  been in the system at least 3 years now

Any thoughts on why he hasnt been tried in the ones. Even Aylett and Van Unen got a gig this year

This year was about teaching

Slow learner compared to the other two ;)

Will play round one. 

He got very close to a debut in round 17. He felt he would be in had they lost in Adelaide the week before. The subsequent run of wins kept him out and the loss to Sydney then Richmond put too much pressure on selections to take the risk. Plenty of upside to him. He's the one I'm hoping earns his place in round 1, 2015 and injects some pace back into the side.  

He got very close to a debut in round 17. He felt he would be in had they lost in Adelaide the week before. The subsequent run of wins kept him out and the loss to Sydney then Richmond put too much pressure on selections to take the risk. Plenty of upside to him. He's the one I'm hoping earns his place in round 1, 2015 and injects some pace back into the side.  

i just got your avatar/user name.

i rule.

Will play round one. 

What year?

Will play round one.

What year?
Won't specify year or at what level!

Over-hyped - Supposed to have special qualities but makes you wonder when he's played about 5 games in three years. Something is not right !