1996 centenary cap

Brought a cap from the bombershop in 1996 not exactly the same as they wore on the night versus Geelong but made by Albion with the small peak what monetary value do you think its worth.I have not seen one since I purchased it Has efc embroidered on it.

Must be rare no comments yet

I have no idea if it's valuable.

But when you mention the cap, I can only think of '9 of the best' from Darren Bewick. That was an awesome night at the footy.

Sorry, I realise that doesn't answer your question.  

bbps-100years.jpg

bbps-100years.jpg

Long has a premonition?

"David Calthorpe, Barry Young and Peter Berbakov, all ommitted"

Yeah my one has the red and black panels not the pinstripe the players wore

bbps-100years.jpg

Long has a premonition?

I was filthy with my old man (was probably mum's call) for not taking me cos it was a school night, especially cos Long was returning,
Was his first kick of the night I think when he slipped, did his knee and kicked the goal. Almost cried watching the video I'd recorded before school the next morning to see what happened. But then Boris...

Memorabilia wise I have a plastic fake jumper thing from the night somewhere still that my old man souvenired for me.

Yeah my one has the red and black panels not the pinstripe the players wore

That's a nice thing to have. I collect a fair bit of Essendon memorabilia, and your cap is rare although lacking any provenance.

I'd say it would sell to a collector for between $30-$50. A rabid fan may pay a bit more. Personally, I'd just hang on to it and not worry about its monetary value.

If you had a cap like the players wore in 1996, I'd say it would sell in the $100-$150 range.

If you had one of the caps that a player actually wore, it would be name your own price (authenticated with more than a "COA" e.g. a photo of the player giving you / signing the inside of the cap).

The overlying problem for me with AFL "Centenary" products is the fact that the AFL shot its load off a year too early - it should have been 1897-1997. They tried justifying this departure from anniversary convention by saying it was the 100th season. Like a little kid excited about their birthday, they just couldn't wait. That, and the fact that North have the gold cup from that year, really ■■■■■■ me off.

To be totally pedantic, the real AFL Centenary will be in 2090. I'll be happy to make the VFL/AFL sesquicentennial in 2047 - or will that be 2046?

Yeah I paid $35 at the time made by Albion.I think the baggy green is made by them also