2 Andrew Stephens 16 Brendan Hosking 25 Shaun Ryan and making sense of their destruction

Pretty obvious really. He should have run away from the contest.

got 8/9 this week, Dons loss cost me the footy tipping win, as others tipped pies but got crows/saints wrong

and yet Kyle got berated for that…

I missed out on Crows but tipped the Pies. Currently leading all tipping comps I’m in. Yes, that is me blowing my own trumpet.

2 Likes

Hold him upright so he couldn’t flop backwards

7 Likes

Couldn’t give a ■■■■ about what he does privately as long as its not hurting anyone… But I do care about his decisions on the footy ground.

3 Likes

Maybe she didn’t get that game because she is not yet corrupt…?

2 Likes

The biggest comment from up top was when worsfold noted that the crowd was clearly frustrated by something.

And how that didn’t receive another fine I’ll never know.

The more I watch the video of that head ducking of Scott - the more I notice how deliberate an act it was. A team captain trying to ensure his teams wins the game. I always thought of Pendle’s as a good and fair player. Sadly, I now remove the fair. Because once a player starts doing that sort of stuff and gets away with it, it tends to become part of their game. I wonder if it will?

Please stop referring to “the female umpire”. If you have anything specific to say it can be said specifically — i.e. using her name.

7 Likes

At least she wasn’t called a maggot.

Unless she has one of these sorts of names ….danni, teddi, elan, alex, tommi, that’s when it gets confusing.

I think we all need to formally contact the Club, and let the club know we are incredibly worried about the state of umpiring and the lack of self-assessment with the umpiring body.
I’m not talking about Worsfold meeting with Ryan to get clarification. Xavier needs to take it up Hocking and Mclauglin, and put it on the agenda.
There is simply no room to challenge these imbicililes on their self-appraisal… there is nowhere to air disapproval of the rule changes, etc.

I urge everyone to contact the club directly. And keep fighting the fight with the media, and keep it on the agenda.

I imagine the club was just as furious with the umpiring as we were, you only need to look at the reaction of the players on the ground.
Edit:
The only email I could find. Someone else might suggest a more appropriate one.
[email protected]

5 Likes

The AFL collect all of the data, they know who called what decision where to what players for what. CD have it going back years, but they will never release that, even for somebody who buys it.

It also comes down to who is doing the review, funny that Ryan comes out saying we did the review, all are good. Then the footy show goes through them and then entire footy experienced panel says they should have been payed. So who is correct, the guy reviewing his own work or the independent people who have a propensity to smash Essendon at every available opportunity.

Even Robbo had a sly dig at what Ryan did on that show in his tackle section.

6 Likes

Derek Humphrey-Smith even said that it was not a good game for the umpires.

5 Likes

Can’t wait for the crowd reaction when Selwood gets his first free for a high tackle on Sunday after the treatment of Tippa v Collingwood.

4 Likes

Why? It doesn’t matter…

If they do ever make umpires full time then it should also come with strict conditions…
There should be full accountability/transparency of decisions.
Performance independently assessed.
Umpires should not only be totally fair but also be seen to be fair.
Of course they will make mistakes… players make mistakes too - but they are scruitinised heavily by media and supporters, esp if it contributes to a loss. Umpire too must be accountable.

3 Likes

Send me your tips for the next round. I’m wallowing in last place in my tipping comp.

I now found out I can’t make it on Sunday. So can all of you please boo extra loud on my behalf?

Times where I want booing to occur:

• any time Ablett gets the ball
  • any time Selwood gets the ball
  • any time Tim Kelly or Ratagolea gets the ball (so we can be accused of being racist)
  • any time Tippa gets the ball (gotta be consistent)
  • all sirens, including sirens to start the quarter, cause why not
  • anyone who kisses on the KissCam
  • all food service people, because the pies are always too cold and they always seem to be running out of chips
  • anyone standing next to you at the urinal
  • whenever ‘two tribes go to war’ is played
6 Likes