2 Andrew Stephens 16 Brendan Hosking 25 Shaun Ryan and making sense of their destruction

What a deadset flog Sam Mclure is. Talking about Shaun Ryan’s “review” as being fact, andsaying the AFL need to come out and defend the umps. What farking good does defending the indefensible do? The umpiring is a disgrace precisely because there is no accountability. Admit your mistakes, learn from them and get better.

15 Likes

McClure hates Essendon. Wait until his precious Fark Carlton get a bad run and he’ll whine like the entitled baby he is.

9 Likes

If you listen to or read anything “Little boy Blue” has to say, you deserve everything you get.

Ignore the prikk. He’s the floggiest flog to ever flog.

2 Likes

I’m reading on twitter that the club has sent a please explain re the umpiring. Does anyone know where this has been reported?

2 Likes

I saw in one of the EFC supporter fb pages over the weekend someone had posted was discussion at VFL game it was going to happen today also

Hardly surprising

Maybe wanted to wait for rest of weekends games to be over &/or those involved in please explain had Friday and the weekend off.

Don’t expect much to come publically from it however.

1 Like

Hope they ask for the please explain to be backdated to the time since Coleman’s suspension.

19 Likes

He’s done it again

1 Like

This was an interesting podcast about the increasingly hostile atmosphere towards referees in America, the effects of professional umpires and the absurd lengths the NBA goes to to improve umpiring.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure theWhisperer of twitter fame is McClure

2 Likes

Wonder then if it was him who wrote the defamatory tweet in the Shiel thread. If so, it might pay for him to keep his anti- Essendon agenda quiet or Dodo might come after him.

2 Likes

Thank God for Garry Lyon
Watched on the couch

Said he would have paid a free to Tippa- round the neck
And holding the ball against Stephenson and Crisp
The others were trying to influence him

Well done Garry Lyon
You have won my respect!!!

8 Likes

Told you all he had a good football brain

4 Likes

I contacted the club earlier today about it, if I hear anything I’ll let you know.

1 Like

Ask to watch Garry Lyon’s comments
A breath of fresh air
The club needs to complain

1 Like

Fat Hutchy lead in snippet to FC coming up…

“Why the AFL umpires are so angry…”

Here we go.

Life is all about choices.

You made it, … you suffer it.

You have a remote.

1 Like

Ask who? I don’t have foxtel…

The club i meant

1 Like

I know.

Call me a sucker for punishment here.

I deliberately came back downstairs to put TV on solely to see it.

I would think all of Lloyd, Hutch and Judd are pro decisions were garbage. And SWSNBS has bleeding heart over umps.

Here’s hoping the segment has umps throwing AFL under the bus for the directive to let so much go.

1 Like

The run down…

Umpires feel let down by the AFL

Dangerfield tweet slamming them earlier in season and nothing said.

Agreement apparently made with AFL that they would be backed if instances popped up as such

AFL umps felt like they did a good job Anzac Day (LOL)

Next day Gil on radio said they make errors at times and his view was “rub of the green went against EFC” instead of supporting umps

Umps met with AFL who were apparently going to put out a press release to say that ALL decisions were ok. Then changed mind (and decided to just sweep under carpet).

Umps got very upset about it and Ryan then got on radio to say what he did

Umps want to be able to explain their decisions

Umps feel let down by senior commentators criticism who they feel don’t understand the rules

Judd - impartial. knows it’s up and down

Lloyd - normally no view but does not think they’ve had their best start

Hutchy - umps deserve criticism too. Should toughen up

Caro - (as expected) bleeding heart over the umps as AFL told them they would support & aren’t.

Frankly this is mostly the AFL’s fault for how they tell the umpires to go about it. In big games - let it flow - but the issue was they didn’t just let 50/50 ones go but blatantly obvious ones (& biased against us).

8 Likes