#2 Tom Bellchambers 🛎

Kreuzer will eat him for breakfast

Is that why Kruezer is always running round with his mouth wide open?
He missed the most important meal of the day?

Will not be playing a couple of babies like the Richmond ruckmen.

So really its a matter of hitting the ball initially in the opposite direction of Cripps.
But I noticed that Cripps knows opposition ruckmen do this and often runs to a new position on the defensive side the moment the ball is bounced . Its usually at the back side of the stoppage in line with the goals to catch opposition players running out of the stoppage. After Cripps gets to the back of the stoppage if the ball goes another way, the Carlton mids handball back to him, so he can kick forward over the top of the pack or handball to another player coming past or going around the back.

Its going to be interesting to see how this duel goes and how we set up on Cripps.

1 Like

I would like to see Ambrose go to Cripps and put a hard tag on him for the whole game. Hurt him at every opportunity and deny them both the first use and the overhead marking that they get from him around the ground. There is no better match up for Ambrose in the conpetition

4 Likes

LOLZ

…oh you were being serious, carry on

Its something Sheeds would have tried.

But its not going to happen.

2 Likes

Best I have seen from him in ages.

1 Like

What?

1 Like

:flushed:

Thought he rucked very well, comfortably better than kreuzer with some really nice taps. He set it up on a platter for Heppell numerous times. Kreuzer absolutely slaughtered him around the ground though

1 Like

He had 2 possessions. Kreuzer had 21.

His tap work was good though.

1 Like

That’s what stood out or me. Some really good tap work hitting his targets.

Can see this being his final year. Really struggling

2 Likes

Against any rucks with a shred of mobility he is a liability.

Kreuzer flogged him

Had to carry a very heavy workload has Tommy though and probably got niggles a plenty

2 Likes

He connects well with Parish and unfortunately well with Zaharakis too.

Draper’s injury has taken considerable heat off him. He used to be reliable up forward but no longer. Then again Zac isn’t challenging him for that skill.

1 Like

Who?

1 Like

It’s worrying. Really labouring around the ground. Tap work is fine but today just 2 disposals, both by hand. I will concede the weather was not kind for talls but you expect better than that. Looking around at other clubs it’s hard to see if there are many Nankervis/Witts types who are lacking opportunity that we can target, plug in and be our #1 for the next 7-8 years. I know Draper is a good prospect but we can’t put all our eggs in the basket of a rookie listed player who is yet to debut.

1 Like

There was a game earlier in the season when Belly responded to poor form by throwing his body around. He hurt opposition players. If he is losing around the ground, it would be good if he could influence the game in other ways.

3 Likes