#2 Tom Bellchambers 🛎

That's all well and good but from the outside it just looks like he's a bum and a quitter and that would have sealed it. Perception is reality., especially concerning essendon. But best of luck you orange panted loon.

Bit harsh. I defy anyone to go through the ■■■■ these blokes have and not feel like chucking it in at some stage. Judge Tommy on his on-field performances by all means, but cut them some slack with the off-field crap they’ve had to deal with.

I just needed a break from Stanton

People here seem to forget Leuie is just an OK ruckman. He is not the best in the competition, in tapwork , marking around the ground or in front of goals and is not a penetrating kick. I am not against him, I am being objective.

I have an open mind on TBC. It is not a given that Leuei will play ahead of TBC next year. Probable, but no certainty.

T-Bell is nowhere near being delisted - Leuenberger stays fit so he will have reduced opportunities in the AFL team - It could be that T-bell leaves in two years for more opportunities.

Or his marking skills see him overtake Leuy.
Who knows.

People here seem to forget Leuie is just an OK ruckman. He is not the best in the competition, in tapwork , marking around the ground or in front of goals and is not a penetrating kick. I am not against him, I am being objective.

I have an open mind on TBC. It is not a given that Leuei will play ahead of TBC next year. Probable, but no certainty.

What? As far as ruckwork goes, he is far better than ‘ok.’ He is a fantastic tap ruckman, with a tank to ruck 80-90% of the game.

He is worlds above TBell too, in both those areas.

Its just that his skills don’t extend past rucking. TBell is a better mark and more dangerous in the forward line, but if you are just picking them based on ruckwork, it’s not even a contest.

Agreed. I’m not against T-Bell either, but his ruckwork has to come back from flat-out appalling to overtake Berger.

I though leuey had a few good games up the front toward seasons end.
How many goals did he kick

Agree with all of that PP.

Also, I’m hoping we’re not going in with two ruckmen this season. Belly is a good forward - for a ruckman. Only once has he exceeded 10 goals in a season. He had one year where he averaged 1.6, but a forward line of Hooker, JD and TBC would be like treacle.

The beauty of Loony is that he can ruck for 90% of the game unchanged and we are not burdended with the millstone that is having a ruck sit in the forward line. If TBC can get his fitness levels up to a standard where he can do that, and force Loony out on merit, then that can only be a good thing for the club.

Leuey is far more mobile, covers the ground quicker/better and is a superior ‘tap’ ruckman. He probably isn’t as dangerous as TBC can be when spending time forward but even then he showed a couple of times this year he was at least an option when paired with Jamar.

I would’ve thought Leuey starting as no. 1 ruck was a given

What? As far as ruckwork goes, he is far better than ‘ok.’ He is a fantastic tap ruckman, with a tank to ruck 80-90% of the game.

Its just that his skills don’t extend past rucking. TBell is a better mark and more dangerous in the forward line, but if you are just picking them based on ruckwork, it’s not even a contest.

I though leuey had a few good games up the front toward seasons end. How many goals did he kick

3 total

I though leuey had a few good games up the front toward seasons end. How many goals did he kick
How many goals, or how many shots at goal? He is a terrible kick for goal.

Personally, I think Belly will be played forward and act as chop out if he’s fully fit. He’s a pretty good mover, marker and goal kicker up forward and I think can play the Jenkins role for us.

I would not go so far as to say “fantastic”, but yes he is probably above in the mobility area.

3 total

In 2013 TBell kicked 28 goals and 22 average hitouts ( Ryder 10 & 22 ) in a 2 ruckman setup. The thing I fear with TBell is that theres a significant risk he will suffer a Pears form/skill trajectory after 2 years of injury and 1 year off.

3 total

loosens collar
How many goals, or how many shots at goal? He is a terrible kick for goal.

Personally, I think Belly will be played forward and act as chop out if he’s fully fit. He’s a pretty good mover, marker and goal kicker up forward and I think can play the Jenkins role for us.

The Ryder/Bellchambers combination in 2013 worked very well. In 2013 TBC was very accurate , kicking at 71% from 39 shots. You are right about Leuei, not accurate last year 30% from 10 shots , he might get more of a chance to work on it over this preseason.

I don’t have too much confidence in TBC no, but AFL capable ruckman don’t grow on trees. Given his upside, he is a very handy 2nd ruck.

yep if he's in form, play him outta the square giving luey a breather

Yeh and a ruckman as a permanent forward worked back in… ■■■■ i can;t remember it ever working, maybe paul salmon but even he was better as a ruckman.

He did show a surprising ability to gain separation on the lead a few times. Hopefully his accuracy issues were just part of the Essendon 2016 goal kicking horror show.

That Carlton game he got on the end of a couple and looked good. Mind you I think he had mark athorn on him at the time.

I think most here seem to judge TBell on his last two playing years with the club. For both years he carried a serious foot injury that seriously restricted his performance. Prior to those two years he was probably ahead of Ryder as the number one ruckman…` .

I was watching the TBell 2013 highlights package. I will admit my enthusiasm for TBell is partly based on this.

However, I noticed that unlike Joey, TBell does not mark at the highest point. He jumps early. I figured he expected to use someones back as a stepladder , but he is just too frickin heavy and they collapse under his downforce, or just get pushed aside.

“You cant be a ruckman and do that”