#2 Tom Bellchambers 🛎

He will be better for the run. Got much much more into it as the game went on.

And I think you’re a lunatic for suggesting that!

2 Likes

33 hitouts, 7 marks and a goal
And people want him out?
Jeepers.

5 Likes

He only came in for Leuey being rested so has to make way for him.
Leuey would of had 70 taps against the Dees ruck today

5 Likes

I read someone saying earlier that we lost in the ruck today!!

And we did, … … if getting 45 HO’s to 26 is somehow losing??

Only in Blitz bizzaro world could it even be said. The stupid is strong in here post losses.

2 Likes

What were the center clearance numbers?

Does not matter if you have not got a clue how to dispose of the ball properly.

1 Like

WTFF has that got to do with anything?

Are you saying Tom didn’t do a good enough job of roving to himself?

Would have also handballed to a team mate and kicked more of the ball.

He was bought in to win the ruck, then we win the middle to kick goals, win a big game. But it was the Essendon Comedy Show, became less funny when they got in front and as the game progressed into the 3rd quarter. At times Bellys disposal was woeful. Kicking to opposition, handballs to team mates when someone is hot on their tail, no shepparding, no general awareness of play, we don’t need consistent sloppiness and maybe Belly wasn’t the worst but geez when you cough up the ball in the midfield the amount of time he did, when we were real chances to slot goals in, Demons made us pay big time.

Soz boss have to agree. Bellys not the player type we need at the mo.

Don’t think he can cleanly handball. Sorry but those were lazy.

All the times we need a long kick to a contest, Joe was always the option. Belly seemed to always be ignored.

Sounding like ruck selection this V Sandi / Freo could be decided by a coin toss. Then, of course, there is always the Smack option.

Smack would get mauled by Sandi like a Grade one fronting up to a Year 10 student.

I thought Bellchambers improved as well. Our midfield has not been winning the contested possession count all year whether it be Joey, Smack or the GOAT tap ruckman Leuenberger in the middle.

What I like about Tom is at least he presents a target when kicking out from full back. Leuenberger either can’t or doesn’t bother. The other plus with Big Tom is he can actually take a mark. Leuey can’t - also Tom up forward can lead, take a mark and kick a goal. I was saying in the second qtr yesterday we should’ve thrown Tom up forward and Joe in the ruck.

When struggling up forward, this is what gets Joe going. It takes his mind off goalkicking and helps him feel he’s contributing, which he does! Plus he gets more of a chance to have a ping at goals from a distance - which he obviously loves.

Joe in the ruck and Tom up forward leading with his good kick for goal would’ve been sweet, but anyway.

It would be harsh to drop Tom this week, but since we’re playing Sandilands, you need a good tap ruckman so Leuey probably gets the gig for mine.

2 Likes

How many back taps or drop taps to the mids?

Seriously it is not that hard to smash the ball forward and instruct your wings to run forward

Just play both this week. Sure it may not work as a regular thing, but no way should we leave it up to just one to handle Sandi.

And how do we even know if Leuey and TB together won’t work? It has never been seen before

I believe Joe needs a run in the ruck every game - its good for him and good for the side. So if you’re rotating the rucks with Joe spending 5 - 10% of time in the ruck where will Leuey hang out when Tom and Joe are rucking? He’s useless anywhere else.

TBell takes marks, takes contested marks, can play forward, can kick goals and kicks the ball inside 50. Berger gives more handballs and might be a better tap ruckman. I am not convinced that Berger comes in next week as a matter of course However, its catch 22. Unless TBell gets AFL games into him and gets AFL match fitness, we wont know who is better for the team. Ask the mids who they can work best with , I guess

1 Like

For his first game in close to 2 years, he wasnt bad I thought. Got better as the game went on.

Some of his clunks were excellent.

1 Like