#2 Tom Bellchambers 🛎

At the game today in the first quarter I didn’t notice him much but after that he was everywhere! Great in the ruck, around the ground, hitting targets and kicking goals. Bring him in!

Was awesome in front of goal today. Like the bellcho of old.

3 Likes

Too good at that level. When fit runs rings around vfl ruckman. Langford a class above too

1 Like

Belly was the best I have seen of him since pre-injury run and suspension. He has to come in for Melbourne game surely?

I watched the game and nothing Langers did made me think he was an auto return to AFL. I like him and hope he succeeds but he didn’t do much and got caught a number of times turning himself in to traffic and thinking he was stronger than he is yet. He will get there, but still time for the young fella. No hurry.

2 Likes

I don’t reckon the way footy is heading that you can afford to play Bellchambers and Leuenberger in the same team. I think it’s one or the other with a chop out from Daniher for about 5-10 mins a quarter.

Bellchambers certainly has the potential to be more damaging than Looney if he can actually get super fit and stay fit.

4 Likes

Belly had that 2013 vibe.

Heaps more agile, which means he can rest forward and not be a complete liability if the ball hits the ground.

As I’ve always thought, a fit n firing Belly can add heaps to our side.

3 Likes

I’ve always thought Bellchambers a better forward than ruckman.
Didn’t see much to change that today. Wealth of options in big men at the moment.

Looked like he wanted to toll the bellchamber on a few collingwood players. lined up a few with leads but they baulked.

1 Like

over the burger for whom the bellchambers toll.

Was at the city v glory game last night. Can report he was wearing BLACK CAPRIS

2 Likes

Rest Leuny after AD and bring in TBC for the Dees. Problem solved in terms of having a fresh ruck after a short break.

2 Likes

That wasn’t Bellchambers at his best, but it was Bellchambers at his most typical.

3 Likes

I actually thought he built into the game.

Would like to see him for a few more weeks, he has missed a great deal of footy. Plus, he was starting to clunk them by the end.

7 Likes

1 handball in a half of footy has to be instant back to the VFL otherwise we’re a joke of a football club

You’d think after a year off you’d be absolutely revving to lay some hits, take some grabs, get involved you know?

Can not remember a worse half of footy played by a player this year for any club, Vickery at least kicks points.

If we’re going to persevere with about 10 to a dozen woeful players that don’t contribute for 6 rounds, then we should at least give him another few weeks. In fairness he was pretty good in the last and his game overall was no less worse than what Luey was serving up since the Carlton game.

1 Like

People slagging bellchambers for his performance today are a disgrace.

First game for 2 years and he got better as the game went on. He can also actually take a contested mark so he gets a game ahead of luenberger in my book.

6 Likes

Leuey was rested this week so comes straight back in.

1 Like

He was our worst on the field up until half time.
He sat on the bench for half of the second quarter and was there twice in the first.
I didn’t even notice him having that big an impact at the centre bounces.

But after half time, he performed far better. He was presenting around the ground (albeit it rather slowly, but he is a ruckman after all) and he was giving our midfield the best chance to get a clearance by winning the hitout.
The only problem was…
As has been the case for the past decade and a half, our midfield can’t read a ruck hitout consistently enough and his ruck dominance was nullified.

I think we’ll play both Bellchambers and Looney next week against Sandilands. No way can either of them take him on one on one.

Yeah, don’t understand the criticism. Poor first half and much improved in the second half. Should be much better after that run, particularly as it’s his first game for 2 years. The big upside he offers is some decent contested marking, and is a forward half threat, neither of which Luey can claim. And for a big fella he has decent skills. Lately Luey has been struggling to just get boot to ball.

2 Likes

Not a great first half - 1 mark, 1 hand ball.

But quite good in the second half - 6 marks, 7 kicks, 1 handball, 2 tackles and 1 goal.

3 Likes