#2 Tom Bellchambers šŸ›Ž

We donā€™t have a ruckman that can compete with Sandilands at the tap. So pointless selecting someone specifically for that.

Bellchambers in my opinion at his best is a far better player than Luey.
Can take grabs and kick goals, canā€™t remember Luey taking too many contested grabs.

Guess Bellchambers being out so long and often has distorted peoples memories, heā€™s a very handy player when rightā€¦unfortunately heā€™s not right nearly enough.

1 Like

Give the guy a break.
Just to recap, in 2014 someone trod on his foot at training and wrecked his ankle iirc , the ankle repair did not fix it / he re-injured it, then began 2015ā€¦ another year of pain where he just could not run and he was done by the middle of the season.

He needs match practice. At some point he will reach his peak over that time, then we will know if the 2017 TBell is better than Berger or not.

2 Likes

Hitouts are overrated.

1 Like

Depends how badly we want to lose the hitouts

2 Likes

Always was going to be dropped if he didnā€™t dominate. He was run out similar to how Mckernan ran out McKevoy in round 1.

Ran out or out ran?

Out: Bellchoombers

In: Beachcomber

Either either.

You would think maybe we practice the training drill at 1 of the 2 ovals we have at Tullamarine?

Poor Mckernan to sniff Sandi armpits all game. Ewwwww!

Pfft! As if he reaches that high!

1 Like

In Coolbeacher
Out Beachcooler.

Wow, no love for big Tommy on Blitz?

I hope he has the last laugh this week and shows us really what getting over his injuries and building some fitness has done for him. I wouldnā€™t mind seeing him kick a few goals up forward as well.

10 Likes

I think tommy is in for a big one.

He is now seriously fighting for a spot and will be going as hard as he can to hold it.

I actually thought TBCā€™s tapwork throughout was quite good and well directed, especially to Heppell and he also started strong with his marking efforts.

In saying that, a disconnect with the mids was seen in the number of near-misses in those taps and his time away from the top level was evident as his impact on the contest faded outā€¦or is that just TBC?

A chance to build on this week vs immediately being changed for Leuy next week would say a lot about his place in the side & his future in general as I donā€™t see Tom gaining much more from time in the VFL at FF/R.

I just want a Ruckmen who can take 1 grab around the ground. Just 1!! Especially when we kick in from a behind.
Am I asking for too much??

1 Like

He was ok-ish. Showed some promising signs, but he still looks miles off AFL match fitness, which isnā€™t surprising.

I dunno, Iā€™m not putting a line through him yet, but weā€™re only going to find out if he plays a bunch of games in a row, and thatā€™s probably not ideal for the team atm.

I thought he was OK against Richmond. He nearly doubled Nankervisā€™ hitouts. We won clearances, in part due to his ruck dominance. I was a bit disappointed with the number marks he took. That was no advance on Berger.

Agreed, personally for TBC a run of games would either help him or help the team decide on Berger as #1

However the context of our season probably dictates he makes way for Berger as we opt for what we know rather than the unknown ceiling we hope he may reach.