#2 Tom Bellchambers šŸ›Ž

I cant understand this. Does anyone seriously remember what Tom was like before the suspensions? Even when he was at his best he wasnā€™t better than Leuey. He isnā€™t going to magically get much better. He is a solid backup only, did his job tonight to the best of his abilities but if Leuey is fit itā€™s a no brainer

9 Likes

you still harping on about this?? no one is disputing that fact, thatā€™s why when we lost ryder we brought in luey ffsā€¦ TB has always been considered as number two ruckā€¦ get over it and stop trying to compare or think itā€™s something else

People are disputing it though. Been several saying he canā€™t be dropped this week for Leuey and that he should get a extended run

Iā€™m not disputing it, I was merely encouraged by what he showed early on as I would love to see him, like others, perform well after long term injury/bans.

They are both average ruckman. The gap is nowhere near as big as you are making out though.

Iā€™m not disputing (I donā€™t think anybody was btw) that Looney is first choice atm, but we won hit outs and clearances this week, with Belly being rusty as fark.

Arenā€™t you at all curious to see what he can do with an injury free run at it? He hasnā€™t had that chance since 2013 remember.

1 Like

Let him do it for sustained lengths in the VFL.
By the sounds of it he isnā€™t doing the majority of ruckwork in the Ressies and spends more time as a forward. He still doesnā€™t have the tank to run out a whole game.

I thought he was pretty decent?

Actually made a positive influence in the ruck and didnā€™t just take up space like Leuenberger seems to.

Offers far more and suits our style of play more than Leuenberger IMO.

1 Like

I think from what I read he was doing fine as #1 ruck in the VFL. Certainly rucked the whole game against Collingwood which I saw. I believe he played forward a bit to give Draper ruck opportunity.

Iā€™d like to see a solid 6 weeks of being the number 1 ruck in the VFL before he comes in to the AFL and is the number 1 ruck.

Yes Luey was sick, but I hope he is straight back in.

I have a gut feeling the match committee is going to drop Stewart and keep Bellcho as the 3rd tallā€¦ god help us.

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_player_compare?playerStatus1=A&tid1=6&playerStatus2=A&tid2=6&type=A&pid1=2721&pid2=1722&fid1=S&fid2=S

Not sure why the hate - certainly not the reason we lost. First time weā€™ve won clearances in a month, and he was the only change.

3 Likes

These a lot of negativity about Tommy. Arguments like ā€œremember what he was like before the suspensionsā€ are just absurd. Its about how he is playing now.
Berger and TBell are so close in performance I am quite happy for the match committee to decide who they pick rather than sit in my armchair bagging Tom and making out Berger is so good or vice versa.

4 Likes

Yeah, heā€™s coming from a long way back and deserves an extended run of games but clearly, thereā€™s no room for him and Leuenberger in the same team. One of those players will be disappointed playing in the VFL. Theyā€™re both around the same age so will be interesting to see which way the coaches go. I think TBC is a better contested mark and more reliable in front of goal. If he can lift his possession rate he may supersede the incumbent.

We smashed them in hitouts and (for most of the game) clearances so hard to argue on that front.

Sadly he did about as much as Leuenberger around the ground. Gotta clunk a few more, we know he can.

1 Like

He needs to picture the footy as if it was miss universe in a black mini.

2 Likes

Not only hitouts but about 3 times the hitouts to advantage. But in spite of being thrashed in the ruck, tommys opponent was listed among richmonds best.
Go figure.

I actually thought TBell had a better game than Nankervis. That said I wish he could have done more, particularly in the last 10 minutes when the game was still up for grabs. If we keep TBell in I think Smack should be the back up

agreed, thought tbell showed some good agression in the ruck, and partiuclarly in the last quarter i felt his taps around the ground were spot on. should stay in

Nankervis isnā€™t a noted big hitout winner. (If thatā€™s of any relevance to the discussion)

Sure not a particularly good ruckman, but Nankervis managed to kick the sealer. I guess thats why he was listed among their best, but in reality there were at least 15 Richmond players who actually beat their opponents on the night, surely that counts for more than than being an accidental hero

2 Likes