#20 Jackson Merrett

In the first quarter

Like anyone coming in from the VFL to the AFL the concern is the increase in speed and ferocity at this level. Its been a while since Jackson has played AFL and as we’ve seen time and again the move up to the big league has found some wanting.

Having said that the fact he has come back from the injury at levels better than previous bodes well.

I just hope he takes his chance, plays his role and shows that he still has something to offer the club.

He doesn’t need to get a stack of the ball, he just needs to provide pressure in the forward line and hopefully snag one or two goals.

2 Likes

Paying $21 for 1st goal.

I’ve got a feeling he’ll snag one of those 20mtr right foot snaps off 1 step, after sharking the ball front and square off a big pack.

I don’t bet on anything usually, but might just plonk $20 on him.

2 Likes
2 Likes

One game in 7 years against a rabble Blues side.

Yay!

1 Like

I love the optimism in this thread! Let’s see if it continues when Jacko has 6 possessions and a mark as of 6pm tomorrow night…

4 Likes

Is it OK to wish him to do well? Or do we all have to be negative flogs?

15 Likes

I absolutely wish him well! Hope he kills it.

2 Likes

Imagine he kills it,stays in the side, and Fanta suddenly goes to a wing and becomes the next…

KEIRAN SPOOOOOORRRRRNNNN
Or,
GREG AAAAANNDDDEEEERRSSON.

1 Like

Certainly going to be some list pressure pace wise soon with all of Raz, McKenna and Colyer (although will need a few 2’s games) due back

Guelfi may well lock in his wing spot, expect he should play better and better now first game out of the way.

Would be a great result if he can.

1 Like

Are we allowed to have varying opinions or should we just make this one big electronic “good luck” card that we can send to his address so he can read it on the way to the game.

If he contributes over 15 possessions or has a great game then I’ll be very surprised, based off his entire career to this point. But GOOD LUCK FAM

I reckon he was retained on the basis of “well he’s better than Long, just”.
And Long was retained on the basis of “he’s not much worse than Jerrett”.

I thought there was a reasonable case to keep one or the other, not sure about both.
With that said, this is the exact situation they were retained for.

Career stats 13 touches almost 3 tackles 0.5 goals. Reckon we’d take that output. Basically what raz has done at 80%.

1 Like

Hopefully we can round up that career goal average for tomorrow. I don’t want him kicking 3 behinds

1 Like

I can think of at least 3 behinds I’d gladly see him kick.
Starting with Sidebottom

6 Likes

Except Raz is closer to 1.5 goals I think isn’t he?

Anyway, Jerret is the obvious choice & reward for effort so I hope he kills it.

Double odds on Sportsbet

Welcome back Jackson. Have a great come back. Go Bombers.

4 Likes

Good luck Jackson, I hope you can surprise me. It’s certainly the stage to do it.

1 Like