#20 Jacob “Keg” Townsend

wow… just wow.

10/10
Would lol again.

3 Likes

Don’t all lists have some cloggers? With our clean out of long term cloggers wasn’t there a need to find possible replacements? Funnily enough, failure to meet that need will be a plus.

Jacob townsends wonder world
Woooooaaaaohhh

1 Like

Simple reality is, we actually don’t have much depth on this sort of player, whether you agree or not. He fills a need short term while we look at drafting in young players to take his spot. A list clogger is not what this guy is for us.

To be a list clogger he would have to have been offered a 6 year contract and never do anything. Instead he is picked up on minimal money for 1 year to fill a short term need.

6 Likes

Love this side!!

I have too have Gleeson in their though but not sure who to take out, he is a very underrated player.

2 Likes

Sssshhhh

We’ve never had a hard, heavy, slow, unskilful midfielder on the list for at least a month. And now we do, we’re insta flag favourites.

1 Like

Sounds like we should have just got the ghost of the ultimate warrior for all his football nouse.

2 Likes

Absolutely spot on.

We don’t have any depth in slowish 6’ 1” defensive pressure forwards with pretty poxy disposal.

The question is… why does anyone think we need that?

2 Likes

100% spot on

10 disposals a game and goes at 53% by foot.

Absolutely bizarre pickup.

1 Like

They want a mature body, I get that, what’s bizarre to me is the level of impact some folks around here think he’ll have.

5 Likes

Yep.

I’m a mature body.
I’m also not very good at footy.
It’s the “good at footy” bit that we need to work on. It’s not like we’ll be running a midfield of 18 and 19 year olds, we don’t have any.

1 Like

Who would have thought McKernan would still be on our list when we rookied him.

I will back Dodoro in, he will add size to the midfield. Is a liston medal winner (as a mid)

Probably puts the heat on Dylan Clarke a bit as he has done well as a tagger at AFL level and accumulator at VFL level. Importantly adds aggression through the midifield which is probably what everyone is happy about.

White line fever
Backs - Ambrose
Mids - Townsend, Smith
Forwards - Stringer

Dont expect him to play a heap of games or get lots of stats, but if he can release Shiel/Merrett more we will look a lot better

1 Like

From a good family?

Shiel?

1 Like

He’s doing a pretty good job of that all by himself

More slow, limited players is not the answer. We’re already one of the worst kicking sides.

E - LEET

I don’t think this pickup is about Townsend’s ball winning ability or kicking efficiency. It’s far more about this team needing some players in the middle/fwd with mongrel, belief, and in-your-face culture about it again; and from what you read from Tiges supporters, he’s got that in spades

2 Likes

Agree. We need some Mitch Robinson types. And while he wont be that good, at least we’re actively trying to get some.

2 Likes