#20 Zac “Zed Clackers” Clarke - you’re cut

Yeah I probably was, but ruckmen need to be so much more than that now

He’s probably been in career best form with his tapwork.
Totally cooked for everything else though.

Considering my personal expectations are zero, I agree.

2 Likes

Gil in late September going to be like …

“Round 16… Essendon vs Sydney.

A. Saad - 1 vote
D. Shiel - 2 votes
Z. Mer…WTF… Z.Clarke - 3 votes”

4 Likes

SMack as a chop out might well be better than ZaClarke . So the Russian needs to come in 3 days this week to help get our ruck options up to somewhere near AFL level.
Interesting strategy when Hooker went into the ruck. He stayed clear of the opposing ruckman just the same as Jakey did . But as we know the unopposed ruckman can take the ball from the bounce and clear it. Hooker needs to stay close enough to at least tackle or bump the guy. Surely.

Kick those set shots he had last game and he’d be a hero. Just has to finish.

Are being deliberately obtuse? We have no one else, they are all injured. Are we meant to bring in the tooth fairy to play ruck?

1 Like

McKernan played Ruck in 2016 and did very well. Move Hooker forward and Bring in Hartley. Or play Hartley forward. Anything but that Freo spud.

lol Hartley

:rofl:

2 Likes

I’d much rather play Clarke then shuffle things around and bring Hartley in.

1 Like

:rofl: Zac Clarke

1 Like

Clarke has to play unfortunately. IMO he’s a complete spud but Smack has to play forward

Has to get in there and compete. I think he will be completely hopeless though lol
He has about as much get up and go about him as Franga

Thanks for your opinion Whoosha.

People forget McKernan was recruited as a backup Ruckman.

Clarke is a ruckman who plays ruck, we have no other ruckman so you play him. Smack is NOT a ruckman and it quite often shows. He is used as a backup atm and has over his career but you run with him for a whole game then centre clearances will be lost regularly.

Clarke at least wins the tap rucking quite regularly (which you would know if you watch AFL).

So was Clarke.

1 Like

and actually does a better job than Smack

I honestly cannot believe that people want this guy in the squad. The only reason that I don’t complain about him being at Tullamarine is because I’m hopeful he will get on a plane and go back to WA.

People need to rewatch the games he has played. Every good thing he did was immediately followed by a spud moment. Please don’t say he’s a better Ruckman than McKernan.

You’re just trolling. Leave it alone.

Or go and look at each other club and tell me which 3rd choice rucks are better than Clarke?

He was recruited as a backup if needed. The expectation was to allow Draper to continue to develop and he was to support Belly. What was not expected was to lose Belly and Draper at the same time. But as he is the backup, which he was recruited for, you use him.

Want has very little to do with it.

1 Like