2015 AFL Draft. Spoiler: We won

Parish please.

TAC cup show had us getting Parish at 8 FWIW - which is not much. Does look good though

Who went in the first 7?! From all reports he won’t last until 8. Top 5, maybe 6, we’re a chance.

This was their top 20:

1. Gold Coast -Josh Schach
  2. Brisbane - Jacob Weitering
  3. Carlton - Aaron Francis
  4. GWS - Jacob Hopper < Melb bid
  5. Sydney - Callum Mills < Melb bid
  6. Melbourne - Harley balic
  7. St. Kilda - Rhys Mathieson
  8. Essendon - Darcy Parish
  9. Port Adelaide - Charlie Curnow
  10. North Melbourne - Luke Partington
  11. Geelong - Harry McKay
  12. Bulldogs - Sam Weidman
  13. Richmond - Darcy Tucker
  14. Adelaide - Kieran Collins
  15. Hawthorn - Josh Dunkley*
  16. Collingwood - Riley Bonner
  17. West Coast - Callum Ah Chee
  18. Fremantle - jade Gresham
  19. Brisbane - Eric Hipwood < Gold Coast bid
  20. Brisbane - Ben Keays < Gold Coast bid

Obviously F/S and Academy bidding makes some hard. Dunkley* could go to Swans with 2nd round pick if they choose to go into a defecit.

I personally cannot see Carlton taking Francis. Where will they use him? If I was them, I would take Parish. Will replace Judd.

Is that sarcastica?

No. Im serious. If you had Parish and Francis on the board still and lost Carrazzo and Judd in one year. What would you go for? Parish would boost that midfield.

Parish please.

TAC cup show had us getting Parish at 8 FWIW - which is not much. Does look good though

Who went in the first 7?! From all reports he won’t last until 8. Top 5, maybe 6, we’re a chance.

This was their top 20:

Obviously F/S and Academy bidding makes some hard. Dunkley* could go to Swans with 2nd round pick if they choose to go into a defecit.

I personally cannot see Carlton taking Francis. Where will they use him? If I was them, I would take Parish. Will replace Judd.

Is that sarcastica?

Parish please.

This was their top 20:

Good post HM. In saying wouldn’t mind me a Parish and a Schache in this years draft.

Anyone making predictions about who goes ANYWHERE in this years draft this far out is basically guessing. So many unknowns, and this year is a lot more complicated cos of the changed academy rules and the number of academy kids in the top talent echelon…

A short list of blokes who could speculatively go before Parish - Weitering Schache Tucker Francis Mills Hopper Partington Collins Keays. And that’s from just my knowledge, there’s always some bugger who rockets up the draft order late because of camp results, or because word starts seeping out that recruiters (or even just one recruiter) rate him while casual draft watchers don’t so much. Stephen Hill. Reece Conca. Heppell was being talked about as a 2nd round pick until late in the TAC cup season. Hell, nobody rated Pendlebury as anywhere near top 5 material before his name got called out. If you want some VERY speculative guesses as to who some late bolters might be, then I’ll throw the names Ah Chee, Greg Clark, and Bonner into the ring.

But still, it’s FAR too early to be guessing. At this stage in 2008, Daniel Rich was still unbackable favourite to go #1. Things change. We’re only half way through the champs, TAC finals are still a long way off, and the draft camp, draft order, and f-s/academy bidding will complicate things even more.

Parish please.

Game of Thrones style?

Lol. I predict that, as soon as trade week is over, this thread will dissolve into a month-long flame war between the Franciscans and the Parishioners. Bit like the 2006 civil war between the Hansonites and the Gumbletonians, except more ecclesiastical.

I’d like to think that Curnow will be the third party that attacks from the West unbeknownst to the Franny v Darcy warmongering.

anyone good from pegs?

Not this year I don’t think

Lol. I predict that, as soon as trade week is over, this thread will dissolve into a month-long flame war between the Franciscans and the Parishioners. Bit like the 2006 civil war between the Hansonites and the Gumbletonians, except more ecclesiastical.

Hopefully both of the former end up a lot better than both of the latter.

anyone good from pegs?

The top mids will go through academy alliances - Parish should be available...

Not so sure, he rated as number 3 available outside the academy players on AFL. Is Brisbane get a after Fr compo then we have pick 5. Not sure he will fall that far.

No one is going to offer Luey over 500k (Frawley) so there’s no way in hell there going to get a compo pick.

Correct, pick 4 will be ours.
Reckon Parish will go at 3 though unfortunately

I hope so.

We should be praying Francis falls to us.

Speaking of indigenous talents, I personally would like Ah chee, Milera or Bonner for our second round pick. Seeing the highlights of Bonner and Milera…Man they can seriously kick the footy. Hoping one of them fall for our second pick.

Gold Coast do have a truck load of mids though and less of what Francis could offer

Picks #4, #12, #13, #23, #25 would be a good base to try and rebuild around. Go Francis/Parish with #4, Collins or McKay and best available with the two early teens picks, and then another tall and a good small with the two early twenties picks. Hope M. Brown lasts to our 3rd rounder.

Sure, #4 and #5 are flashy, but historically they have about a 50/50 chance of (individually) being a bust. But a lot would (obviously) depend on where the recruiting team see the draft talent falling off the cliff.

I think the general impression this year is the talent shelves off at some point.

I’d look at it, 4/13/14/23 sounds pretty decent, goes a fair way to making up the picks the AFL nicked off us in the last 2 drafts.

I would also canvass using Melk as an upgrade on 13 to 6 from Melbourne, would allow them to keep the second pick for a small drop at the top end. Not sure they would go for it though.

Not a chance they'd go for that. I think we'll do well to get their 2nd, probably end up with their 3rd rounder.
I think the general impression this year is the talent shelves off at some point.

I’d look at it, 4/13/14/23 sounds pretty decent, goes a fair way to making up the picks the AFL nicked off us in the last 2 drafts.

I would also canvass using Melk as an upgrade on 13 to 6 from Melbourne, would allow them to keep the second pick for a small drop at the top end. Not sure they would go for it though.

Parish please.

Cunrow with 4 goals with the falcons. While Parish was in the best with his 22 touches.