2015 AFL Draft. Spoiler: We won

Parish please.

Weitering #1 for mine.

I would love to snare Francis. Bloke is a gun swingman

I know everyone compares Francis to Goddard, but I see a bit of a mini-Hurley about the way he appears to read the play and attack the contest. Is that reasonable?

I can definitely see that.

I know everyone compares Francis to Goddard, but I see a bit of a mini-Hurley about the way he appears to read the play and attack the contest. Is that reasonable?

I would keep 4 and 5, absolutely no issue

If we get carlislol trade sorted we will get two jets both of whom appear ready to make a serious contribution in 2016

Would rejuvenate us over night

Go disco, wop, wop, wop

Yeah picks 4, 13 and 15 would probably be a bit of a coup for us.

I think the general impression this year is the talent shelves off at some point.

I’d look at it, 4/13/14/23 sounds pretty decent, goes a fair way to making up the picks the AFL nicked off us in the last 2 drafts.

If Adelaide accept pick 14 as compensation for Danger would it be of interest for us to swap pick 5 for their 13 & 14? Is the A grade talent pool deep enough?

I’d look at it.

If Adelaide accept pick 14 as compensation for Danger would it be of interest for us to swap pick 5 for their 13 & 14? Is the A grade talent pool deep enough?
No thanks

Definitely don't want Curnow. So hopefully Suns pick him. Would love Francis and one of the McKay's and Rioli with a later pick.
Why no to Curnow?
Any chance of GCS actually passing on Francis?

I hear he has dodgy groins

After hearing Worsfold lament our lack of Small Forwards. I’d expect us to be srsly looking at Daniel Rioli and Hisham Kerbatieh.

List is from more than 2 months ago. Things change a lot in that time.

Having said that Parish is the one I’d love to see at Essendon.

I was about to say, surely Partingtong is well up there now. Explains why he isn’t.

Is that a real name?

Parish and Francis would be insane.
4 and 5 if done right completely ends all concerns about the sanctions.

Completely ends? Fair suck of the sav, Smithers!

Don’t get me wrong 4 & 5 would be BRILLIANT.

But, imagine if we’d added for eg, Patrick Cripps and Nakia Cockatoo the last 2 seasons?!

I still maintain that those sanctions (and the expansion clubs owning the 1st round of the draft) will bite us in the ■■■■ for a long time.

You are right that both things will sting for ages… but I think it will compound because the sanctions came straight after the compromised drafts and we also happened to suck whilst the expansion was happening - so when we should have been rebuilding via the draft we were left with high first rounders which haven’t helped.
Francis has always been my first choice. Hope that if we get him we can make him fall in love with us because mark my words the Crows are playing funny buggers and have been for some time. Was speaking to a lad at the footy club who knows him quite well and there already has been offers for jobs etc for his family and the Crows will do everything they can to get him to come home at end of his first contract

Clubs are no longer allowed to offer inducements to family members from what I remember. Can be charged and lose draft picks. Anyone confirm this?

Davies and Kav were picks 18 and 19. The maybe first rounders but not high picks. That’s why 5 is so important. It is a high pick and we haven’t had many of them !

Francis effing loves us. Bring.Him.in

https://m.soundcloud.com/fiveaa/aaron-francis-road-to-the-draft

Francis on 5AA

Worshipped Hird and Lloyd.

BRING HIM IN

Not saying he won’t be a gun, but our high draft selections involving bomber supporters haven’t really gone to plan…Davies & Kav.

And Heppell and Daniher.

Dont forget hurley
https://m.soundcloud.com/fiveaa/aaron-francis-road-to-the-draft

Francis on 5AA

Worshipped Hird and Lloyd.

BRING HIM IN

Not saying he won’t be a gun, but our high draft selections involving bomber supporters haven’t really gone to plan…Davies & Kav.

Langford & Laverde are both Essendon supporters