2015 Can we displace Geelong from the 4?

I'm definitely of the belief that Freo and Geelong are the ones vulnerable to dropping out of the top 4.  Hawks and Syd are locks again, as is Port getting into the top 4. 

4th spot to be fought for amongst Essendon, Freo, Geelong, and North. 

Hawthorn, Sydney, Port and Freo are a level above us. We are in a group of about five teams that could potentially fill a spot in the top four if one of those teams drops off. History suggests that will happen as injuries and form fluctuate. Geelong may drop off, but I've been predicting a fall for years. They've actually grabbed a couple of handy players this off-season. GC will improve and could contend. Collingwood and Richmond are rising. West Coast and Adelaide historically don't go too many seasons without playing finals. It's going to be a log jam. I think if everything goes right for us with regard to ASADA and injuries, we could be a top four side.

Like me Windy Dill,  I have been expecting Geelong to fall off for 2 years.  They have an amazing ability to hang in the 4,  it must be the culture that Bomber set up there.   But I am pretty certain the fall will start in 2015,  age and equalisation MUST eventually catch up with teams.

A few years ago there were several hugely superior teams at the top,  losing only 2 or so games in a year.  Last year the top teams lost 5 games or more.  Its hard to see Geelong, Hawthorn particularly and even Sydney improving on that.,  so I am with you on the "log jam"  idea.

If Hawthorn get a half-decent run with injury they'll win 19 or 20 IMHO.

They had a fairly poor (not terrible at any point, but consistently 4 or 5 players off their best side) from about round 3 onwards.

So far they've added Frawley and not lost much. Anderson, hartung, Litherland, Whitecross in the wings.

Could easily improve.

Well Sewell is retired so no more hammy injuries for him.   Word has it from inside the Hawks that Luke Hodge is cooked.     Finally Sam Mitchell is injury prone and will be cooked by the end of 2015 and will be lucky to manage 12 games.   That leaves Jordan Lewis to fill the gap in the midfield for 3 top class players .    I see a significant reduction in horsepower in the engine room at Hawthorn in 2015.     The forward line however still looks very very good as long as they get plentiful supply.

Fkn sick of being middle of the road. Seriously, if we do not win a final or two next year it'll be a huge failure. If we dont take a big step next year, il be ropeable

I agree W.O.B,if every team had a full list and played at their best I reckon we would contend,I know this never eventuates but I reckon potentially we are as good as anyone for the next two years

under hirdy we are a top 4 team.

we have the ability and the players play for him.

we were 2nd under him two years ago.

Hirdy is coach again.

drone, rant, snore, weeeee

Fremantle don’t have a good spine, and their tall defenders stocks are way down compared to other clubs like the Bombers. Surely McPharlin won’t play more than 10 games for the season, should’ve retired this season.

If we add Bomber Thompson’s defensive strategies to Hirdy’s offensive game, along with two-way running then we finish top 4.

Yes.

Nuff said.

Fremantle don't have a good spine, and their tall defenders stocks are way down compared to other clubs like the Bombers. Surely McPharlin won't play more than 10 games for the season, should've retired this season.

Their 'systems' are good enough to ensure that, even despite an apparent lack of key position quality, they will be in the mix for the top 4 again IMO.

They copped it with Michael Johnson also being injured compounding the loss of McPharlin.

I am interested to see how Apeness goes up forward this year when given opportunities alongside Pav. He looks promising.

Fyfe, Mundy, Barlow, Neale, Hill, Ballantyne, Walters all in a good age demographic keeps them in the conversation I think.

I agree though that the lack of quality key talls up both ends of the grounds will leave them being found wanting against the top couple of teams.

We'll be lucky to finish 6th.

Pessimism born of 14 years in the wilderness.

Lets wait for the draw before we hang our (you know whats) on that prediction.  

*Predicted range:

Hawthorn (1-3)

Sydney (1-3)

Port (2-5)

Essendon (3-7)

Norf (4-7)

Freo (4-8)

Cats (5-8)

GC (5-8)

Rich (5-9)

WC (6-9)

Ade (6-10)

Bris (7-12)

WB (9-13)

Carl (10-13)

GWS (10-15)

Coll (12-16)

Melb (13-17)

StK (15-18)

* based on pure guess-work

*Predicted range:

Hawthorn (1-3)

Sydney (1-3)

Port (2-5)

Essendon (3-7)

Norf (4-7)

Freo (4-8)

Cats (5-8)

GC (5-8)

Rich (5-9)

WC (6-9)

Ade (6-10)

Bris (7-12)

WB (9-13)

Carl (10-13)

GWS (10-15)

Coll (12-16)

Melb (13-17)

StK (15-18)

* based on pure guess-work

Let me guess Deckham,  you never take a  trifecta but always  box it or bet each way..

*Predicted range:

Hawthorn (1-3)

Sydney (1-3)

Port (2-5)

Essendon (3-7)

Norf (4-7)

Freo (4-8)

Cats (5-8)

GC (5-8)

Rich (5-9)

WC (6-9)

Ade (6-10)

Bris (7-12)

WB (9-13)

Carl (10-13)

GWS (10-15)

Coll (12-16)

Melb (13-17)

StK (15-18)

Are we going to have a 26-week finals series? ‘Cause clearly the home and away comp is pointless.

And lose our first final

We Are Essington

Predicted range:

1st. Essendon

2-18 who cares.

Predicted range:

1st. Essendon

2-18 who cares.

Right Barnzie,   Deckham  had me at Essendon (3-7) but your proposition sounds even better to me.

Will be very interesting who we play twice besides Coll/Tigers/Blues

Reckon Freo have done their dash too

Cats are in serious trouble, will drop again in 2015.

Win two game we should have in saints and melbourne, take one of the close ones and we were almost top two! Win both the close ones and we were close to top of the ladder.

Can we win a flag next year, absolutely yes, it’s all between the ears.

The number of quality players in our side jumped by the end of 2014, Zaka and Hepp are now A grade mids.

The one thing the rest of the comp will fear is Hirdy finally getting this group to play a season of us against them footy, to play that ruthless season long point to prove footy that wins flags.

Hawks this year were on a mission to prove they were more than buddy.

Bombers in under hirdy could very well come out and dominate the comp.

If we beat Asada and it’s wrapped up by Christmas I believe we can go all the way.