2015 Season - Season Ending Injury Thread

Never seen so many pec tears in my life! And I compete in powerlifting!
Any thoughts as to why?

Don’t recall ever hearing about them before this season in AFL.

Never seen so many pec tears in my life! And I compete in powerlifting!
Any thoughts as to why?

Don’t recall ever hearing about them before this season in AFL.

All the tears over the past 2 years (5 by my count) have been pretty much how you’d expect them to happen (attempted tackle with one arm taking the brunt of the force, pulling the arm back and loading up the pec in a stretched position).
I’d lean towards the increased pace the players move at, along with a decreased focus on old school strength training in favour of more agility/co-ordination/endurance gym work*. Although there’s no real trend as far as 1 club suffering a disproportionally high number (like us and hamstrings in 2012), or 1 type/position player
fwiw Frawley first did his a few pre-seasons ago at Melbourne in the gym (rumored to have gone for a bench press 1rm cold and blew straight away)

*I say this as a general fitness industry trend, however the company i work for sells not much outside of squat racks, benches, bars and plates and we’ve done full gym fit outs for at least 6 clubs over the last 3 years, and sold gear to every club in that time.

Gellong ruckman Rhys Stanley to miss rest of AFL season to undergo surgery on injured foot.

Has he even played a game for them this season?

Gellong ruckman Rhys Stanley to miss rest of AFL season to undergo surgery on injured foot.

Played most games, I believe.

8 out of 13.

I reckon there have been more injuries this time this year than any hear before.

We’re peaking close to 2011(or that year we nearly used Charters) injuries

Hayden Ballantyne torn pectoral.

They have broken ■■■■.

Been pretty impressive too.

Gary Ablett did a knee injury on Saturday - meniscus tear. Could be 4 - 6 weeks so that means the season if so. Feel for him.

Hamish McIntosh - retires effective immediately. Ankle.

Hamish McIntosh - retires effective immediately. Ankle.

http://www.geelongcats.com.au/news/2015-07-29/mcintosh-announces-retirement

Thought he retired about 3 years ago, didnt even know he was still going around

Tigers Ben Griffiths done for the year (finger tendon)

Ollie Wines off for shoulder surgery today

AFL ‏@AFL 10m10 minutes ago

.@Richmond_FC’s Nathan Foley has announced his retirement effective immediately. http://afl.to/1gC8SID

Didn’t realise Leigh Adams (Norf) had retired due to multiple concussions

Didn’t realise Leigh Adams (Norf) had retired due to multiple concussions