2016 fixture discussion

2 games in adelaide, 2 games in perth, sydney in sydney and GC away

That’s great for Wa,SA,NSW & QLD Essendon supporters hopefully they can see some wins.

also means we will have good preparation for finals with the atmosphere created at Adelaide Oval + Patersons against teams that many expect to make the eight. Plus still have blockbusters at the G. Anzac Day, Dreamtime & Country Game.

I like it.

And double ups against saints/carlton/suns, geelong/Richmond aint bad.
only 6 at MCG probably 7 including rd 22.
Eithad 11
Interstate 6

would prefer to add hawks game to MCG. to have more of an even split Eithad/mcg.

Is this the most we’ve ever been on foxtel?

2 trips to adelaide. Two trips to perth. No freo or sydney in melbourne. Million sunday games. Fkn sh*t draw

Only 10 games free to air?

we get relegated to sunday and foxtel after round 15 in the run home to finals. I like it when we are expected to be ■■■■, makes victory all the sweeter.

how do we always play Melbourne at the G when its our home game and play Hawthorn at Etihad which is our home game too…talk about corruption and politics!!!

Freo away on a Saturday night… next week, Hawthorn on Friday night.

Seriously…

The draw is that easy, and you manage to give us two of the top teams a week after each other, after flying back from Perth, on a 6 day break!!!

We’ll be the first team to play in all 5 states (Vic, SA, WA, NSW, Qld all knocked off by round 11). Add to that travelling to WA in the last week of the NAB Challenge, and there’ll be some serious frequent flyer points racked up before the bye.

Is this the most we've ever been on foxtel?

Yes. It was coming.

They’ve been moving more Crim games to fuxtel, & us, as pay TV drowns under the weight of alll the streaming portals. Sport is the only thing it can use to save itself.

That’s why the devil himself was present at the last rights deal negotiations.

2years ago (or 3?) we were on FTA 17 games, last year 13 IIRC, … now 10.

1 x Thursday night
2 x Friday night
4 x Saturday afternoon
2 x Saturday twilight
2 x Saturday night
4 x Sunday afternoon
5 x Sunday twilight
1 x TBA
Plus ANZAC day

If I counted right

good to see theyve stopped screwing us then.

Finish 15th… don’t get much Free-to-air coverage the year after. Actually makes sense.

When was the last time we didn’t play collingwood twice in a season?

When was the last time we didn't play collingwood twice in a season?

Sunday twilight games at Ethihad. What a joke

don’t sugar coat it, ■■■■ draw, for both the team and the fans.

When was the last time we didn't play collingwood twice in a season?

Sheesh

Fantastic fixture - the best we’ve had in a decade I would think.

Whether we play on a Sunday night or whatever is irrelevant. The most important thing is winning games of football and making finals and this draw allows us every opportunity to do it.

We win games and the crowds will come.

Lol at the fact we play the reigning premiers on a Friday night on the back of a six day break traveling back from Perth.

hawks have dees the week before too.

it’s little things like this underline how happy these turds are to brazenly rig the draw.

Very ordinary times when you have young families.

Which I have. Not great.

Anyone hear McFuckstick’s comment about the Olympics? “The only discussions I’ve had with Channel 7 is whether they’re going to take me”

There’s a kernel of truth behind every joke, and it’s pretty telling that was where his mind went.