2016 fixture discussion

why the hell do we have to travel to perth to play Freo. Should play them here for once.

6 interstate games. 3 in the first 7 weeks!!!

FK OFF

Fantastic fixture - the best we've had in a decade I would think.

Whether we play on a Sunday night or whatever is irrelevant. The most important thing is winning games of football and making finals and this draw allows us every opportunity to do it.

We win games and the crowds will come.

Yes winning is most important but playing on a Sunday night when you have a young family is far from irrelevant.

Fantastic fixture - the best we've had in a decade I would think.

Whether we play on a Sunday night or whatever is irrelevant. The most important thing is winning games of football and making finals and this draw allows us every opportunity to do it.

We win games and the crowds will come.

I’m with you, Daytripper.

Backing up with Hawthorn on a Friday night after a Saturday away in Perth vs Freo? FFS.

Where is the “Do Not Like” button that I can press for that fixture?

For the past 2 years - and last year in particular - we have played a very unattractive brand of football. May have something to do with the lack of FTA games. Or it could all be a giant conspiracy because the AFL hates us.

For the past 2 years - and last year in particular - we have played a very unattractive brand of football. May have something to do with the lack of FTA games. Or it could all be a giant conspiracy because the AFL hates us.
Our worst losses this year were all on free to air. Three of them were live. I'm surprised we got 10 games on FTA on the back of last season.

Totally disagree. For a side that finished where we did, that is one very hard draw - that draw is more applicable to a side that made finals. The anti-Essendon sentiment at City Hall is still alive and well.

Starts are everything, and again we’ve been given a very hard start. We travel interstate as much as West Coast does in the first 7 rounds! And as I’ve kept banging on, much the chagrin and denial by many here on BB, the stats prove it - the make up of the Finals (in terms of teams, not positions) is just about set by Round 8 each and every year (with just 1 or 2 exceptions).

BTW, we still haven’t played Freo in Melbourne since Knights was coach.

From a selfish POV I love the fixture. 2 games in my home city plus a heap of Sunday games. Should be able to get to a lot more games this year as I’m involved with local footy on Saturdays and Norwood usually play 6-8 Friday night games. Can fly over and back on same day for Sunday games and at worst a red eye Monday morning back after Sunday twilight games. Throw in a game in Sydney where my family live and I’m pretty happy with it

Meh…just another ■■■■ draw for the club. The AFL don’t give a @#$% about us and have continued to screw us. It’s about time there were some significant changes in the organisation that’s supposed to look after the game and the fans. Fark the AFL and fark Carlton too.

Since when do Vic clubs get 6 interstate trips?

Since when do Vic clubs get 6 interstate trips?

At least Woosha should know something about travelling…

The when and where we play bit sucks, but the who we play bit is pretty good.

This Freo thing is getting out of hand though.

Us not playing Freo at home again is FKN embarassing

Fixture is good from some perspectives.

The fact that out of the 2015 finals teams, the one we meet twice is Richmond is a great start. To that end it is a softer draw than we have had for some time…and rightly so given our 2015 ladder position.

I don’t mind playing Hawthorn at Etihad - as a rule they don’t play well against us at the ground so that could be vital in beating them there.

The 6 interstate trips - great for non-Victorian members of the Bomber faithful.

It’s the sort of fixturing that should see us play in the finals IMHO.

■■■■■■ terrible!!! Swans in Sydney again, what the f-ck is going on!!!

I loved Saturday afternoon games at Windy Hill.

You knew games were at 2pm Saturday and you could build your weekend around it.

It’s now Oct and we are planning what to do in 9 months. It’s stupid.
Sunday games are the worst.

Anyways.

When was the last time Melbourne hosted us?
Seems like it’s our home game every year

When was the last time Melbourne hosted us? Seems like it's our home game every year

Any why is it always at the 'G? They have a terrible record at Etihad, we should play them there…

So much for playing Freo in Melbourne...

Teans we play twice:
Carlton
Gold Coast Suns
Geelong
StKilda
Richmond

Heading to Adelaide twice; Port in Round 3 and the Crows in Round 19
Perth twice also; Freo Round 11, West Coast Round 15

Hawthorn and Melbourne at Etihad

And lots of afternoon/twilight football!

Edit: Melbourne game at the MCG (Round 2)

Perth twice? For two games against Perth teams? Adelaide twice? For two games against Adelaide teams?

It’s like they looked at the fixturing rules, realised that we were due a soft draw, and then did everything in their power to **** us anyway.

So much for clean air.