After much deliberation about whether to bother or not…
it’s back for season 2016! The tipping competition with a difference. No need to pick your tips week by week - you pick them all before the season starts!
Now in its 9th year, From Long Range (FLR) is a competition available exclusively to all Blitzers. Originally conceived and run by Mero, FLR provides you with something to do in the off season (what’s left of it anyway), as well as an interest during the season no matter how the Bombers are going (which will be interesting if nothing else).
Past winners include:
2011 Red Rover / Plugs
Last year’s prize was Issues #1 AND #2 of the Bomber magazine from 1995 with Longy & Hirdy on the cover. If nothing else, they would fetch a couple of bob on ebay! Well done to the winner Quietachiever by the way.
This year’s prize has come from the BomberMcVeigh memorabilia dungeon. It is a framed 40cm x 40cm … ummm… poster? photo? of what appears to be a tiger moth. Oh, and a girl who may or may not be Alyce Platt (I’ll take advice on that!) who I presume is the pilot. It is complete and (cough) legitimised with a retro VFL Bombers logo! Anyway, it is what it is. It has no provenance and Mrs BMcV doesn’t want it anywhere near the house. Then again, that’s probably because she is a Saints supporter and is just jealous.
Most of you know how it goes, but for those who don’t, here are the rules and instructions:
- You must be a BomberBlitz member to play.
- Download the entry spreadsheet from here https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/92660724/FLR%202016%20-%20Your%20BB%20Name.xls
- Rename the file with your BomberBlitz name.
- Select the predicted winner (or draw) for each of the 198 matches of the season. Note: You may have to “Enable Editing” to be able to make your picks.
- Email your entry to BomberMcVeigh @ Gmail.com (without the spaces)
- You must do all of this BEFORE Thursday 24th March 2016, 19:20 (start of the season) Any entries received after this time will be ignored.
- Any games that you don’t select a winner for will be assumed to be the AWAY team.
- Only one entry per Blitzer, including those with multiple personas.
- In the event of a tie, all winners will be recognised in the honour roll however due to the uniqueness of the prize, there will be a countback for the prize winner with the tipper with the most "9"s, “8”'s etc. being the winner.
- Darren Bewick.
- Any ■■■■■■■■ or correspondence will probably be ignored.
- Entries will be recorded in the opening post as they have been processed.
- Anybody who wants their “ladder” can request that in their entry email.
- Progressive results will be published after each round in this thread.
That’s it. Any other rules I have forgotten will be made up as required.
(By the way - I tipped Essendon to win 22 games. The prize looks likely to be won by someone else.)
Go for it! Last year we had 61 entries - hopefully we can top that this year.
PS: There may be a surprise prize for the most accurate tipping of Essendon’s season. That is both the number of wins AND the opponents.
2016 Entry List (54)
Muriel St Bomber
Username Already Taken