2016 List

Trade - Dempsey (or delist, whatever), Melksham (6 years is enough and some club may want him), Stanton

stopped reading right there.

would be one of the best midfielders this year.

yes time to rebuild but having some old experience is still required.

you fucken tool, i dont even like stanton but does not need to be delisted.

He said to trade Stanton.

Stants has been pretty good this year, yesterday he was awful, but he isn’t isolated in that. And even then, there was several times he was in space and calling for the footy and ended up having to go get it in a contest.

He stays until he decides to retire. The bloke is a club champion.

I know a couple of players will leave and we will draft or trade for a couple of others but if we develop these players we could be a decent team in 2-3 years time. B: Hibberd Hooker Baguley HB: Ashby Hurley Gleeson C: Long Myers Colyer HF: Laverde Daniher Zaharakis F: McKenna Carlisle Langford Foll: Bellchambers, Heppell, Z.Merrett Int from: McKernan, Dalgleish, Fantasia, Browne, J.Merrett, Melksham plus future draft picks.

Absolutely. And there is the evidence that we’ve been rebuilding for 5 years, and the calls for a rebuild based on yesterday are reactionary and blind to the bigger picture.

All the last few weeks has done is add O'Brien and probably Kav to the list. Was always going to be 5+ newies on the main list now it's more like 8.

And underline just how much the draft sanctions have hurt. Their 1st-4th years (and they’ve had a lot of early & early-ish picks) killed us on the spread. Our 1st-4th years (other than Zerrett who was OK) all sucked.

Anybody think you cut evey player over 30 is an idiot. Who the hell do you think teaches the new crop how to train, how to play, how to be a professional footballer?

We need all the leaders we can get at the moment. Stanton is A major required player at the moment, especially if Watson leaves. I would give him the captaincy for two years before we hand it over to Hepp.

I don’t think a call will be made on Stanton at the end of the year. I have an inkling he will be retiring.

It’s been half way through the way and there hasn’t been any indication that he will pen a new deal. He has a newborn baby to take care of and dealing with both the stress of ASADA and a newborn might be too much to deal with.

Mind you, I am just speculating but it does make some sense.

Shouldn’t this thread be merged with the delistings and list regeneration thread? Its not discussing anything different is it?

Shouldn't this thread be merged with the delistings and list regeneration thread? Its not discussing anything different is it?

No, it’s not. It was started in the Hangar, they moved it but really it’s just duplicating.

Trade - Dempsey (or delist, whatever), Melksham (6 years is enough and some club may want him), Stanton

You clearly have a reading disability. Never suggested that Stanton be delisted. Try reading my post again, taking care to read out aloud all the big words.

You clearly have a reading disability. Never suggested that Stanton be delisted. Try reading my post again, taking care to read out aloud all the big words.

So what are you saying because it was in context to your trading or whatever 2 other players

Mitch Brown has been going very well at VFL level and I know the club were very impressed with him pre season. He’s also a big key forward, something we can never have enough of, especially with Fletch likely retiring and Carlisle perhaps moving back to defence as a result. I think Brown will be back in the AFL system next year and it’s a distinct possibility it’ll be with EFC. What we desperately need (outside of the deadset obvious) is a medium lead up forward and a small crumbing forward, both of which apply forward pressure.

Surely these needs can be filled late in the draft. That Saad playing at GC now is playing very solid senior footy and was a pick 25(?) in the Rookie Draft. Shane Yarran is dominating WAFL footy yet can’t get a crack at 25 years of age. I think we’ve been reluctant to look at state leagues and we really should’ve been given our draft sanctions.

Mitch Brown has been going very well at VFL level and I know the club were very impressed with him pre season. He's also a big key forward, something we can never have enough of, especially with Fletch likely retiring and Carlisle perhaps moving back to defence as a result. I think Brown will be back in the AFL system next year and it's a distinct possibility it'll be with EFC. What we desperately need (outside of the deadset obvious) is a medium lead up forward and a small crumbing forward, both of which apply forward pressure.

Surely these needs can be filled late in the draft. That Saad playing at GC now is playing very solid senior footy and was a pick 25(?) in the Rookie Draft. Shane Yarran is dominating WAFL footy yet can’t get a crack at 25 years of age. I think we’ve been reluctant to look at state leagues and we really should’ve been given our draft sanctions.

Hibberd, Jenkins, Dell’Olio, Baguley, Lee, Van Unen, Kommer, Thurlow, Ambrose in the last five years. I think we’ve done plenty of looking in the state leagues.

Mitch Brown has been going very well at VFL level and I know the club were very impressed with him pre season. He's also a big key forward, something we can never have enough of, especially with Fletch likely retiring and Carlisle perhaps moving back to defence as a result. I think Brown will be back in the AFL system next year and it's a distinct possibility it'll be with EFC. What we desperately need (outside of the deadset obvious) is a medium lead up forward and a small crumbing forward, both of which apply forward pressure.

We might want Brown, but 17 other clubs could pip him before he comes to us. With the way our picks are going, it is unlikely we'll use either of our first two picks, so he'd have to survive to the 3rd round. I can imagine a team with defensive holes nabbing him before then.

FWIW, after Mitch Brown kicked four goals on Qwilt in the first round to win the game by 1 point he’s kicked 1,2,1,2,0,2,0,1,0,1.

We would be more interested as key back depth wouldn’t we?

We would be more interested as key back depth wouldn't we?

I would.

Would look at a Sam Grimley potentially before Brown as tall fwd foil from State leagues. Up there in the VFL goal kicking, 24 y/o and looked to get a trade for Hawthorn last year, still on their Rookie list.

So poor Stanton cops it again, despite being in decent form again this season.

Keep him and put Carlisle in the trades.

Agree on Grimley! Hardly been given a run at Hawthorn, and even more difficult right now when you’ve got Ceglar, McEvoy and Hale all in front of him. Age on his side and could get him relatively cheaply you’d think?

3 games in 5.5 years.

He’s probably a gun though.

3 games in 5.5 years.

He’s probably a gun though.

Yes but look at what he’s had to contend with in that time…

Buddy, Roughy, Gunston, Hale, Schoenmakers (at times) then add Mc Evoy, Ceglar etc…pretty hard to break into that forward line!