2016 List

3 games in 5.5 years.

He’s probably a gun though.

So he’s Steinberg?

3 games in 5.5 years.

So he’s Steinberg?

Ya beat me to that response.

FWIW, Steinberg has had 15 “named in best” in 2014 and 2015, whereas Grimley has had… 3.

3 games in 5.5 years.

Yes but look at what he’s had to contend with in that time…

Buddy, Roughy, Gunston, Hale, Schoenmakers (at times) then add Mc Evoy, Ceglar etc…pretty hard to break into that forward line!

The fact they felt the need to get McEvoy and Ceglar and play them before him says a fair bit.

And Shoenmakers? I am positive Hawthorn play him just to help even out the competition.

3 games in 5.5 years.

Buddy, Roughy, Gunston, Hale, Schoenmakers (at times) then add Mc Evoy, Ceglar etc…pretty hard to break into that forward line!

The fact they felt the need to get McEvoy and Ceglar and play them before him says a fair bit.

And Shoenmakers? I am positive Hawthorn play him just to help even out the competition.

Fair point but you missed Buddy, Roughy and Gunston? And Mc Evoy/Ceglar are Ruck/Fwds as is Hale. That’s not Grimley’s gig…

Has Lowden done anything since leaving Hawthorn last year?

That said, if we do a really deep cut of our list taking a few fringe players instead of pick 90 odd might be worth a chance. You’ve got bad odds either way.

Agree - not suggesting a saviour just an option…

Can Mitch Brown be signed as a delisted free agent? I’m guessing not. If he can’t I’m unsure why so many people think he is going to get to Essendon.

How many list / trading / delist / draft threads blitz have?

How many list / trading / delist / draft threads blitz have?

Lot’s more after the weekend and Jobe’s injury…!!

3 games in 5.5 years.

There's a certain sheen to playing in a star studded line up. Don't fall for it. As far as I can tell over the time he's been there the likes of Lisle, Schoe, Lowden, Tim OBrien, Bailey & Brent Renouf have gotten games as either rucks (Grimley's 199cm, if he can't even take a spell in the ruck I'd be asking questions) or key positions. Maybe Beau Muston too (might have been before Grimley's time)?

Lowden, Lisle & Renouf have already been tried at other clubs and were really shown up. Schoe gets shown up even playing for them.

Can Mitch Brown be signed as a delisted free agent? I'm guessing not. If he can't I'm unsure why so many people think he is going to get to Essendon.
No. Only in the year you're delisted. He would have to return to AFL via one of the drafts.
3 games in 5.5 years.

There's a certain sheen to playing in a star studded line up. Don't fall for it. As far as I can tell over the time he's been there the likes of Lisle, Schoe, Lowden, Tim OBrien, Bailey & Brent Renouf have gotten games as either rucks (Grimley's 199cm, if he can't even take a spell in the ruck I'd be asking questions) or key positions. Maybe Beau Muston too (might have been before Grimley's time)?

Lowden, Lisle & Renouf have already been tried at other clubs and were really shown up. Schoe gets shown up even playing for them.

Fair point…

Beau Muston was a small!

But the other points stands. That said, you can also get good pick ups such as Kennedy, McGlynn, or the guy Melbourne got from GWS.

Beau Muston was a small!

But the other points stands. That said, you can also get good pick ups such as Kennedy, McGlynn, or the guy Melbourne got from GWS.

The other Beau then. Can’t remember his surname, big bloke & tiny little head.
Beau Muston was a small!

Beau Muston was a small!

Beau ‘pinhead’ Dowler

3 games in 5.5 years.

It’s known around these parts as “the Prismall effect”

You definitely wouldn’t say we are the envy of the AFL for young players. But I think that it can be fixed pretty quickly.

As soon as you say rebuild, most people would be thinking 5-10 years away. But I think we are in a better position than that. If the cluB invests heavily in getting some decent draft picks, we could be looking at finals again within 2 years.
This is why:

-We have quality KPP - Hurley, Hooker, Daniher & Carlisle. While you can argue about their form, they still have plenty of years ahead of them. And we all know they take a while to come on. So we don’t need to invest heavily in KPP players, other than for the looong term future. We’re lucky really.
-Fantastic Leadership - Watson & Goddard are players you want around a young group. Especially for a re-build.

• While the midfield needs a lot of work, having Heppell, Myers, Zaharakis & Z. Merret is a good starting point.

Needs:
-Midfielders, Midfielders & more midfielders. We simply don’t have enough depth. J. Merrett, Laverde, Gleeson & Ashby might turn into handy players but we need plenty more. And more different midfield types (inside, defensive, quick, big bodied, elite kicking), currently we’re too slow. I’d like to see us discard the idea of flankers and just play 10+ midfielders on the ground, all which can hold their own at the centre square.

• Ruckman. Nothing else needs to be said.
  • KPP depth. If We have an injury to one of the four mentioned, we are screwed.

If we can snare a couple first & second round draft picks in the next 2-3 years & load up on midfielders. I don’t think it will take as long as most think.

try and get 3-4 picks within 30 and get 2/3 midfielders and kpp depth, use low picks to get more niche players like defensive mids small forwards, and project talls?

Lets be hinest we will have 3 retirements and replace them with 3 28 yr olds who have seen their best footy go by

Has Lowden done anything since leaving Hawthorn last year?

That said, if we do a really deep cut of our list taking a few fringe players instead of pick 90 odd might be worth a chance. You’ve got bad odds either way.

No, has stunk it up at SANFL level