2017 EFC AGM It started with a leak

Odd. I’ve never heard if it. Must be pretty exclusive.

Nothing says a club for everyone like another 1% joining the board.

2 Likes

That’s a really good point. And if you look carefully at the new candidates… at least those we’re aware of…they’re all the same ilk.

What’s frustrating is that they’re pushing an inclusive line and they’re anything but.

Gai Williams. I’ve dealt with Gai personally for a number of years and believe she’d be an excellent director.

I do know some people at at Melbourne Storm who speak very highly of Gauci though. Given his background, he’d also be a very strong candidate IMO.

1 Like

Was it Gauci that missed out by a handful of votes last time, or am I thinking of someone else?

It was Gauci.

What would make her an excellent Director?

Essendon Executive Club is written up on the EFC site as an official coterie.

Yes.

And he would have got away with it if it wasn’t for those meddling Blitzs.

Damn website encouraging people to exercise their right that they paid for and voting in some fan representatives when the club needs strong leadership.

Has that moron been living under a rock? The club is looking the best it has off field in a ■■■■■■■ long time.

Gai is a very successful business person & respected community leader. She is able to understand alternate viewpoints and perspective and communicate clearly and effectively. She’s very much a big picture person who relates well with almost everyone. Gai commands and reciprocates respect. She has spent a lot of her professional life not only serving her community but also researching and developing medications for infants suffering colic. I have trusted my own family to Gai and she’s not let us, nor our local community down. IMO a fine candidate.

5 Likes

And when he lost he wanted Little to appoint him as a director.

Lol so it is …

‘But through our involvement, we also expect our coterie to make a meaningful contribution to successful of our beloved team.

We are a coterie of select members, each with our own individual talents. Memberships are extended by invitation only, and are limited to only the brightest business minds of Melbourne, for we believe that strength is not necessarily in numbers, but in knowledge, passion and solidarity.’

Seems the brightest minds of Melbourne struggle with basic communication.

2 Likes

I’m sure she’s a fine and decent human. She’s running to replace two equally fine and decent humans, who have steered this club through a very tough period towards prosperity and success.

I guess what I’m asking you, is what skills does Gai bring that aren’t already on the board?

1 Like

Probably unlike yourself, I don’t know everyone on the board & what unique skills they bring but what I do know of Gai is that she’s an excellent representative within our local community and I’m sure she’d bring that to our board as a representative of our members. She’s built a very successful business so clearly has astute business acumen. She’s a great communicator and is very approachable. I’m super comfortable talking to her and would trust her to represent my interests. From my own perspective I know and trust Gai more than any other candidate.

For the record, I’ve never said the current board has performed poorly, I was asked by HAP whether I supported Gauci, I clarified by saying I am a supporter of Gai. It’s quite evident who you’re throwing your support behind and that’s ok but I think labeling other candidates “dishonest” is a little scurrilous.

Well yes, it would be, if it were untrue.

I think it’s important we share what we know… you know Gai’s a good person, I never said she wasn’t. I’m sure she’s also very honest. Last time she wanted limited membership and I didn’t think that showed a very good understanding of the business of footy.

I’m not sure she ever said that, more like we need our members to start attending matches. I think she referenced Collingwood supporter friends not being able to access finals tickets but in any case, it’s clear we’re going to respectfully agree to disagree on this one. Please give my regards to Boot, Laura & co.

We will respectfully disagree… but just for clarity… these are her words…

You could refresh on the Gai Williams thread that is still up on Blitz

My reading of this thread is it’s fine for these so-called successful and non-inclusive people to be supporters, pump money into coteries but don’t you dare run for the board - Weird.

1 Like