2017 EFC AGM It started with a leak

Not sure if I’ve interpreted properly, however $4 million grants and donations mostly relating to the targeted ‘capital campaign’ seems like a reasonable amount in context against the net operating profit of $5 million overall.

$4m from Capital works donations is a fair chunk of I’m reading it correctly

OK, I may have misread. But I thought in excess of $3M grants and donations was from grants from govt.

Even without the Capital works program it’s a massive turnaround. That the HNW have such confidence in the direction the club is going is a big fat tick. Some of the best business minds in Australia among that lot.

Oh I’m not denying it’s a great turnaround. Club in a very good position going forward.

1 Like

I have been a member for 54 years and I would like to know why the club’s membership scarf design budget is clearly being spent on SHISHA billowing from the interchange bench

17 Likes

Read this and deny the power of stability and teamwork.

Wear one of your 53 other ■■■■■■ scarves then. I’m sure you can handle a ■■■■ scarf for 12 months out of your long tenure as an Essendon member.

1 Like

Don’t make $5m profits giving members quality scarves. Probably made in a Thai sweat shop for 2 cents each

1 Like

Excuse me while I dry my tears of outrage with my membership beach towel from the mid '00s

7 Likes

If there is a compelling case out there for change…it doesn’t appear that any of the newer candidates have made it yet.

Would take a fiasco of Bradburyian proportions to see the incumbents unseated.

1 Like

I think there is a very good chance they will be unseated.

Just can’t see the power brokers letting social media beat them again.

1 Like

Certainly no Hird-factor at play this time around.

1 Like

Sir Joe shouldn’t have to do anything of the sort. He has already demonstrated his loyalty to the club over an extended period of time, and has earnt the right to voice his disapproval. I hope that the club take need of his complaint and do something to rectify the problem.

4 Likes

As much as I appreciate a good crackshit, I reckon you’ve bitten on a pretty obvious one here gillsy

2 Likes

Hi @SimonDavies32,

Thanks for talking to us here.

What are your social media handles so we can follow you?

And the tougher ones;

• What are your new ideas?

• Where would you like to steer the club (and how is it different from the current goal)?

• Specifically what would change if you were on the board with regards to the direction?

• Of the events you have organised in the past why haven’t you contacted the biggest fanbase and asked if you could let us know information about these events?

• On the about us page about the EEC on the EFC website it describes your target audience as businesses. How will you focus on those who may be an individual, family, 3 game, interstate members etc… ?

• If elected will you resign from the EEC?

• With regards to the quote above, who were you partners with that are part of the AFL (if any) now or in the past?

• Second hardest question, given there are two seats to vote for, whose seat do you think you should take and who would you want to work with most of the candidates and why?

• Donuts - Jam, iced or cinnamon?

1 Like

Candidates are given the opportunity to come onto BB to sell their message - All we have to do is ask STRAIGHT questions and follow up questions if needed - Finally there is no pre-requisite in the Essendon Constitution that states candidates have to be a member of BB.

I don’t thInk this is the case at all. Conversations I’ve had lead me to believe that the ‘powerbrokers’ couldn’t be happier with the direction of the club and support Paul and Katie. And why wouldn’t they? This board is flying.

The only ‘powerbroker’ that wants change is the one no longer in power who is running against them.

I figure our members are smarter than that and will acknowledge and appreciate the fine work Paul and Katie have done by returning them for another term.

As always, it’s in our hands. Everyone’s vote counts and complacency is the biggest danger.

:grinning:.

2 Likes

Hmmm.
Wouldn’t it be ‘shitcrack’?
That sounds awful, actually.