2017 EFC AGM It started with a leak

When and where is the election?
Except fot Bliz I haven’t heard anything about an election and can’t find anything about it on EFC website.
Oh, I did get a friend request from a bloke called Davis on FB. How he got to me I’ll never know but he won’t do it again.

1 Like

To be honest it was meant to be a bit tongue in cheek but re-reading it, there is nothing in the way I wrote it to suggest that.

1 Like

You should receive all the nomination papers this week I believe. Voting starts next week. I imagine details will go up on the website today or tomorrow.

3 Likes

That was my thoughts too. I’ve not received my scarf yet, but I always look at the selection of scarves I have for each game day and choose the one that I feel is right for the occasion. Round 1 this year I dragged out the whateverittakes scarf. Worked a treat.

6 Likes

I actually like this years scarf. Sometimes simplicity works really well, and this style has not been seen before, I would guess ever?

It’s clear (isn’t it?) that the change in scarf style each year is to identify this years Members, as THIS years members,… and in pursuit of that cause, it couldn’t do the job better.

2 Likes

I’m sure it is probably less economical, but I would way prefer getting a voucher to the Bombers shop to the same value of a member’s scarf.
That way if you don’t want the scarf, put it towards a polo or jacket or whatever. Might result in a decent uptick in the bomber shop turnover too.

5 Likes

I’ve mentioned this a few times. I don’t think it’d be less economical. I think it’s a great idea.

You’ll probably find the value and the cost of said scarf may differ substantially. Either the club loses hundreds of thousands, or they give out insultingly small vouchers.

I’m all for more variety year to year — last year’s towel was great.

5 Likes

I think for some membership categories this is what happens.

Or they average out the difference.

HAP wants a throw rug.

We stiched some of our scarves together and it is a king size throw rug

6 Likes

Thought you guys might enjoy Simon Davies considered views on Windy Hill, seeing as he seems to have deserted us…

1 Like

So, pretty much what we have there now?

I’d love to really do up the ground, with lights and play women’s/VFL twilight and night games there.

Heck, maybe even a JLT game.

3 Likes

Lolz Yep… I wonder if he’s ever been there

2 Likes

What the h… I don’t even…

Wow.

Another one of ‘Bastions’ finest.

The actual gym says “finish your campaign and fark off”?

6 Likes

Is it true that EFC are spending another $20 million on upgrades to Tulla Centre.

Or another rumour ?

1 Like

I love Windy Hill, but EFC do not own it, and no-one is going to provide external funds to expand it.

Government could, if it became for community use.

Hurts to admit, but what Collingwood have done at Vic Park is very good. We should just do that.

And wasn’t the EDFL or someone going to use the offices?