2017 EFC AGM It started with a leak

I want to see RAPTOR nominate. Those were the days.

In the meantime Catherine and Paul have done a fine job. Thank you both.

6 Likes

A fine job?

Then how do you explain the SHISHA wafting from the interchange bench???

/s

13 Likes

Someone had to do it

5 Likes

RAP

OPPOOLOOILOLOUS

6 Likes

I’m very cautious of any person the mainstream media support.

One of the great moments of the 2014(?) board election was Wilson throwing a hissy-fit because she tried to manipulate the outcome and it failed dismally. Then she slammed the democratic process. lol.

I’m guessing Chris Heffernan is an option as Rob Kerr’s replacement?

3 Likes

“I would never be critical of our club as I know all of its people truly have the organisation’s best interests at heart but I still believe we can improve our levels of inclusiveness and communication, staff and player development-education programs, our reach into other demographic corridors, levels of support to past players and the building of wider commercial and industry relationships.”

As someone who isn’t a part of a coterie, what’s been mentioned here is well beyond the reach for most fans and members anyway.

If anything since the saga the club has remembered that it’s not just about the suits and dollars but to respect all demographics and backgrounds that support this great club.

I will never forget the line ‘those who love the club will donate more’ when it came to donating to the flight plan. It was never about the donation to the flight plan, but more about that fact they made it automatic and you had to call the club if you wanted to opt out. Responding above to a members question at that time showed me the club was out of touch and needed fresh talent. It was really good when @Catherine_Lio and @Paul_Cousins started not only listening to us but actually being part of the general community.

Love of the club should never be benchmarked by how much you can donate or what membership package you have.

Every fan, supporter and member is important.

20 Likes

Ummm no.

Pete is the CEO of a dental company.

Amongst many other things.

That is 100% true, and each of us contribute to the Essendon Football Club in our own way and to levels to what we can afford.

The Bombers have had many major benefactors over the years, and I have known a few of them very well. One in particular who was number one ticket holder for a while, was a quirky character who could be relied upon to support the Club or ex-players when they were in strife, without any demands in selecting teams or other such nonsense.

Some of you may find it hard to believe, and there are some odious exceptions, but not everyone who is wealthy is an over-bearing demanding turd.

1 Like

Yes of course, but none of those things is medical doctor.

Yep I am wrong once again.

1 Like

LOL… that’s almost my mantra :smile:

Agree Sam

There are people who want to be involved with the club because they love the club and they want to help. They can use their profile and contacts to assist the club and help us build towards the ultimate goal, being a successful club on & off the footy field.
Then there are others… people who want to be on the board because of their own ego and they want the title. These are dangerous personalities who want to act in their own best interests, not the clubs.

1 Like

I said VOTE: 1!

2 Likes

He’s right. That stinkin’ board doesn’t reflect my views on anything.

1 Like

Which part of that vague and unsubstantial meandering appealed to you the most?

The following (which I expect the club to achieve but this bloke may have other new/fresh ways of achieving that end) …

"Despite our progress, we have still not won a final in recent years, we do not have an AFLW licence, we have a major redevelopment project to fund and implement and we still need to keep growing our membership base and our ability to attract new streams of revenue and capital raising.

"I would never be critical of our club as I know all of its people truly have the organisation’s best interests at heart but I still believe we can improve our levels of inclusiveness and communication, staff and player development-education programs, our reach into other demographic corridors, levels of support to past players and the building of wider commercial and industry relationships.

That’s the bit that stood out for me.
Don’t do it.

3 Likes

Hey @Catherine_Lio, you have my vote if you can get me into the rooms round 2 after we win :wink:

4 Likes