2017 EFC AGM It started with a leak

Van Diemen Dons is not a coterie. It may be listed as such on the website but I believe that will be corrected.

Darli isn’t it a bit rough just to call someone dishonest and leave it at that? How do David or Peter defend themselves from that sort of criticism, especially from contributors like you and me who do not even use our full names for our avatars?

I know that every day on this site someone is anointed a flog of the highest order, but this vague criticism may affect the way someone votes.

1 Like

Pretty sure anyone’s welcome to sign up!

After last year’s result, some might even think it would be a smart move. From memory after the election Gauci or one of his cronies spent a bit of time disparaging those members who voted for Lio and Cousins - mainly because they bothered to spend a bit of time on here.
Essendon AGMs have been a rubber stamping exercise for a very long time, between board appointees and Coterie proxies. More openness and discussion, better access to nominees and more engagement can only be a good thing.

2 Likes

I hope it does.

We say things all the time on this site that are taken on judgement. You can either trust me or not. That’s up to you.

If it’s important to you, do some reasearch. It’s not difficult.

Avid blitzers will know how good your judgement of character is!!

There is an exception that proves every rule :wink:

Geez. Did the work experience kid format that document? I have never seen a whole formal document centre justified before.

3 Likes

My only comment about Gai Williams is that she is successful in business and heavily involved in the EWN. seems nice enough to chat to online by the way.

In an official media release of 22 July 2016 ( up on the VDD thread)’ X described the group as an official coterie

He did. Just as he did at the official launch. It was a mistake. I assume it will be corrected.

Going by the posts in the VDD thread In July 2016, X was not the only one promoting VDD as a coterie.

The club originally called it a coterie. It was obvious as we went down the track that it was a supporters group. I’m sure the club will correct it when they see fit.

Just out of curiosity, what is the difference between a coterie v supporter group?

Coteries Support the club in a major way.

The big ones, like the Essendonians, up to 100k a year… possibly more.

The massive ones, you don’t hear from or about… millions.

4 Likes

Wowsers! Cheers Darli.

yes because god forbid the club does anything that makes their supporters happy…

Can’t believe people knock the coteries, they contribute decent amount of coin that keeps the club running

4 Likes

Which is great, but that shouldn’t make them feel entitled to anything else.

Great post, thanks for sharing.

And get well soon 'Boot

2 Likes

Well Barnz, I think you are perverting my message.

I know many Coterie Members and none I know were born into wealth, and don’t flaunt it around. I respect Darlis view on Peter Hughes, as I have only met him a few times, and didn’t know who the Sash was until now, which does explain a great deal. Gauci is a ■■■■■■ and Gai is a good business woman.

All I have ever said is that Coteries are not the Evil Empire, and from my experience with the Essendonians, I have seen no agenda to control anything. These blokes and blokettes spend money the Club needs and do good work, and love the Club.

Most drink beer and swear, and call umpires maggots, just like the rest of us.

The match days for the Essendonians are nice to visit once a season, but I prefer my seats with Mrs Fox and the friends we have made over the past 15 years at the G and the Dome. I see no reason to slag Coteries or feel at all jealous.

6 Likes