2017 Fixture Leaks and Hopes

anyone heading up for Round 2 - check out rooms at Gabba Central - straight across from the ground, good price!

see you for drinks at the German :slight_smile:

So… have people started complaining yet that we’ve been ‘rewarded’ with an easy draw for doping?

The last time we played Freo in Melbourne...
  • Matty Knights was coach
  • Matty Lloyd had his commerative ‘Lloyd End’ presentation thing.
  • Adam Mcphee was spudding up his first game against us since he finished his rep.
  • Gumby was playing his second game back after all the injuries, and Simmo had the legendary ‘streak thread’ happening.
  • Tayte Pears was destroying Pavlich, and continuing his rise as one of the best FB’s in the game.
  • Michael Barlow had just ‘burst onto the scene.’

Fark, that seems like a lifetime ago.

Fark I remember that game vividly…Gumby was great but we got pantsed by Freo didn’t we? The saving grace, as you said, was McPhee fumbling everything in sight.

Yep…was the week after the Neagle Geelong game, on Easter Sunday

anyone heading up for Round 2 - check out rooms at Gabba Central - straight across from the ground, good price!

And Jetstar have cheap flights right now.

I’d rather walk than fly Jetstar, would have to rank as the worst airline I’ve ever flown with and I’ve flown plenty of Asian budget carriers in my time.
Wouldn’t mind going up for the game though, haven’t seen us play at the GABBA for years

I’d rather walk than fly Jetstar, would have to rank as the worst airline I’ve ever flown with and I’ve flown plenty of Asian budget carriers in my time.
Wouldn’t mind going up for the game though, haven’t seen us play at the GABBA for years

Tiger is 1000000000 times worse than jetstar
The last time we played Freo in Melbourne... - Adam Mcphee was spudding up his first game against us since he finished his rep.

Only good thing about that day. It was one of the best games he ever played for Essendon.

I’d forgotten about that. Didn’t he have the mare of all mares?

It was classic Phumbles McPhee turned up to 11
  • Adam Mcphee was spudding up his first game against us since he finished his rep.
  • Gumby was playing his second game back after all the injuries, and Simmo had the legendary ‘streak thread’ happening.
  • Tayte Pears was destroying Pavlich, and continuing his rise as one of the best FB’s in the game.

Fark I remember that game vividly…Gumby was great but we got pantsed by Freo didn’t we? The saving grace, as you said, was McPhee fumbling everything in sight.

Everyone expected us to steamroll them… we were just ahead at half time, started an Essington special and slipped behind in the third and we full on gave up in the last. Lost by about 6 goals and McPhee was the only highlight.

Jetstar was terrible 4 hour delay to get out of tasmania

Thinking about going to Perth for a game escape the cold

Haven’t flown with Tiger Australia for a couple of years but I’d still have them ahead of Jetstar. Funnily enough I’ve used Tiger in Asia a few times and their product was far better than their Aussie counterpart.

I’ll be there man. 4 drinks on the house to the 1st person to say g’day are you a blitza to me on game day at the ground.

Haven’t flown with Tiger Australia for a couple of years but I’d still have them ahead of Jetstar. Funnily enough I’ve used Tiger in Asia a few times and their product was far better than their Aussie counterpart.

I’ve flown Tiger 4 times in Aus and been delayed 4 times, with the shortest delay being 3 hours. Never again. Never had issues with Jetstar.

Clearly the easiest draw in the competition…but won’t stop the perpetual tin foil-hatters blaming the draw (and umpires) come July/August next year, if we don’t perform well.

Clearly the easiest draw in the competition...but won't stop the perpetual tin foil-hatters blaming the draw (and umpires) come July/August next year, if we don't perform well.

Agree; although some of the more recent umpire hysteria on here has been pretty reasonable…if you can stomach it, watch the gws game again and there could be a broken screen by the end of it

Was that the game where he kicked the ball like 5-10 rows into the stand on the wing? One of the worst shanks I’ve ever seen aha

Everyone expected us to steamroll them… we were just ahead at half time, started an Essington special and slipped behind in the third and we full on gave up in the last. Lost by about 6 goals and McPhee was the only highlight.
44 points was the margin in the end.

Was at the game with Dockers supporter friends from WA.

Was giving it to McPhee during the first half with glee with all his stuff ups but as you’ve mentioned CB, after a tight first half, McPhee did come good in the 2nd half along with his team and made us look stupid in the end.

My guests from Perth obviously felt that they didn’t waste a trip to Melbourne after the game unfortunately.

i’m really happy with the draw and as long as we win 2 of the first 3 we can make finals.

The AFL seems to have finally started to really get some system and rhythm regarding the fixture and the formula of breaking it into 3rds to try and make sure that ‘bottom’ teams have a fair go makes a lot of sense. I still feel there are too many changing parts to ever make an 18 team comp play 22 rounds and call it fair… but this year we have benefitted (finally) from an AFL change.

A return to night games, even if they are Saturday, is a good start and I would keep Fridays free in 2018 cause we are going to have a lot of them.

The list is coming together, the coaching and front office seem to be coming together, we now have a favourable FIXture and can’t see why we shouldn’t have a really really good season in 2017.

■■■■■ tbh

So... have people started complaining yet that we've been 'rewarded' with an easy draw for doping?

They have, and I hope it gives them all farking ulcers.

Why is GWS GIANTS always spelt in capitals, fkn sh1ts me
glad i'm not the only one who has noticed this!

gold coast as well i think…