2017 membership

Might need to get the Balmy Army in to calm it all down.

1 Like

It could be authenticā€¦we dont have pet memberships like Hawthorn do we? Iā€™m tipping there are lots of people like me that have full memberships and live interstate (or in country Vic)? I keep it up as a donation to the club and only get to about 3 games a year

6 Likes

You take that back!!! Rusty is as much a paid up member as anyone else. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Kudos to membership department: per my comments yesterday, I requested a reserved seat change last night and it was done by this afternoon. Hello Docklands bay 37 on level 2.

2 Likes

Gees they let anyone in there (mine are 36) :wink:

Iā€™d have thought you grand poobahs would have been lying on couches in the Medallion Club whilst concubines loaded peeled grapes into your open mouths.

5 Likes

Theyā€™re my home game seatsā€¦

3 Likes

Not sure if Iā€™m doing it rightā€¦ I bought tickets for myself (3 game membership, used my bar code) and my 4yo son (skeeta so non game day membership), and it cost $30 for me and $14 for my son (plus booking fee). Seats were row Q (2nd last row) ground level aisle 43, so the pocket city side, Lloyd end. Ok but not amazingā€¦
So apparently kids got in free? If I had just scanned in, where would we have been able to sit, and would it have been $44 dollars worse?
Iā€™m not really complaining, we had a great time, Iā€™m just not sure how my 3 game pass should work, as Ticketmaster or whatever the club app directed me to doesnā€™t really explain.
Might also explain why people donā€™t go to every gameā€¦

Wasnā€™t it just $5 to ā€œUpgradeā€ to a reserve seat ? At least last year or so?

I had a lady near the gate come up and me ask if I had a ticket for my little boy and was going to give me one for free from a stack she had.

Iā€™m reserved seat but that definitely sounds wrong for your kid.

I think it still is, but i think that gets you a seat at the back of the top deck.

Yeah, i think from memory we got one last year and thefe were a few bays set aside for general admin. We sat behind our cheer squad and it was awesome (carkton, last round!)

We just scanned in and got seats up there as Gen Ad on Sunday ā€¦ (thanks to last minute plans),No muss no fuss no bucks. .

I thought they (upgrades) would be better than that.

Mrs Fox and I are in 36.

Are you the bloke who is always bagging Jobe or the one with the blonde with big ā– ā– ā– ā– . Or the little guy behind me who comes to the Footy with his Mum.

I do miss the young bloke who had a great chant whenever the opponents were shooting for goal "a boo and a hiss, hurry up and miss " Worked for me ,

Iā€™m in 30. About 10 years ago I had a couple of older dudes sitting behind me that just bagged the crap out of our blokes non stop. In the end I gave them a spray because I couldnā€™t deal with it anymore. The next season they were gone. Fast forward 9 years and I was telling the guy that sits there now about the douche and he just started laughing and told me it was his Uncle who was now sitting about 10 rows back.

7 Likes

I have some knowledge re the stadium & AFL policies re the kids free admission on Sundays and it is a little complex.

a) For kids to get in free, technically, they still require a ticket which can be obtained from the ticket window at no cost.

b) free entry applies to general admission areas only (which at Etihad is always on level 3, for our home games thatā€™s towards the back rows on the wings & from memory, behind row F or thereabouts behind the goals at either end). In your case, to sit on level one, a reserved seat would be required for each patron wishing to occupy a seat in that area, hence, the fee you paid.

c) if you sit in a reserved seating area, ie not in GA, your child could technically still access the stadium for free but not occupy their own seat in that reserved area, in other words, they must sit on your lap.

That chant used to come from the seats directly in front of me in the row directly in front of me :slight_smile:

Iā€™m definitely not one who bags Jobe, though once got in a pretty solid cross row argument defending his play in about 2005.
Ummm, so what if Iā€™m the one with the blonde partner, will that now feel pretty awkward? :joy:

I still come down a fair bit to see whoever is sitting in my seats but at our home games I tend to be ā€˜on dutyā€™ and sitting up in front of our function so my seats are these days usually filled by family/friends - though sadly they donā€™t pay for them :wink:

1 Like

Thanks mate, good to know!

Donā€™t mind Bacchus, heā€™s a real charmer, thatā€™s why heā€™s been married so many times :wink:

2 Likes

The chant boy was just behind us, we are in Row J, hope he is OK as have not seen him for a year or so.