2017 membership

This discussion was created from comments split from: 2016 Membership.

Are you keeping count DJR? 758.

It would be great to see the club target a mass #backin campaign. Target should be 70,000+. It’s not too big a stretch:

• Essendon is a club that should have 70,000+ members
  • Huge optimism built up around on field prospects, trading and draft optimism
  • The returning of most players post bans
  • A widely recognised view Essendon fans are Extremily resilient and passionate and have greatly assisted in carrying the club during tough times.

It is just needs a widespread dedicated focus from the club (1), an ambitious but achievable target of 75K (2), and fan engagement (3). You get the feeling the stars are well aligned for the first time in over a decade.

If we aim for 65,000 then that’s all we’d get (we have fallen into this trap the last 4-5 years publicly chasing 60,000 members. Let’s go for gold, get everyone on board and see how big this club can be in 2017. We are in a unique position where we can draw on some great momentum. Time will tell how well we / club can translate this opportunity into membership success.

If you had Bronze basic membership you will be reallocated to either a Flexi general admission or a straight Bronze package. The basic category is eliminated.

Could not agree more Dave10.

Last year the membership team worked extremely hard to try and negate as much as possible the negatives of the suspensions and the related press.

This year, if they work just as hard, they have every chance of getting that 75k mark.

There are many members who cannot wait for next year. The club need to leverage that by getting those members to market the club to their family / friends / acquaintances. The club do not need to look at this as a money making venture (not this year), but as an opportunity to increase their membership footprint.

Yep. 70k aim next year

If we dont get there, who cares? Itll be in the 60s anyway

When are the 2017 packages available to view? The membership website says "we're building our membership website-back in September". September the 8th today... Need to review something.

Given the Membership survey only went out last week and I assume they are using that the guide membership options and packages for the future (including 2017), I assume not for a while yet.

Yep. 70k aim next year

If we dont get there, who cares? Itll be in the 60s anyway

incoming pet memberships.

Been ignoring that NSW number for about three months. Persistent buggers, calling every couple of weeks.

Wish the club would issue strict instructions to the company handling it about harassing members like that. I know it’s part of signing up that we become part of their sponsorship/fundraising data base, but they should limit the number of calls or only do it for a certain time period. It reflects badly on the club.

I would rather spend my money at the Bombershop on merchandise for the kids. Probably costs as much as the tickets anyway lol.

Couldn’t you just answer it once and ask to be removed from future calls?

I think we should get Woosha and Sheeds to head a, “Get on board!”, campaign, complete with scarf waving, train on the platform with all the players hanging out the windows of a red and black train carriage (with the returned most prominent). 70,000 is a good target.

I think we should get Woosha and Sheeds to head a, "Get on board!", campaign, complete with scarf waving, train on the platform with all the players hanging out the windows of a red and black train carriage (with the returned most prominent). 70,000 is a good target.
70,000+ is the only target. This club has been targeting mediocrity (60,000+) for too long in membership.

Anyone know about the club dropping Bronze basic m’ship? What are they replacing it with? Supposed to be informing those affected - no email yet.

Anyone know about the club dropping Bronze basic m'ship? What are they replacing it with? Supposed to be informing those affected - no email yet.
If you had Bronze basic membership you will be reallocated to either a Flexi general admission or a straight Bronze package. The basic category is eliminated.
Anyone know about the club dropping Bronze basic m'ship? What are they replacing it with? Supposed to be informing those affected - no email yet.

Got a letter yesterday from the club.

So what does a Bronze or a Flexi general get you?

Nah. Dunno. Maybe. Don’t think I will.

(Mine just rolls over.)

In

Pending LAV status.

Yeah probably will but only when Jobe knocks on my door to ask me to renew