2018 All Australian Squad

But at least you care enough to tell us you don’t care enough.

2 Likes

It is bad that I have NFI who Tom Stewart is?

5 Likes

Complete fking insanity… Franklin as captain. just… how?

2 Likes

Edwards ahead of Macrae, Yeo, Smith, even Hawkins… yeah, nah.

Also think that Gray is there largely due to reputation - he’s been incredibly inconsistent this year.

5 Likes

Says more about you, and the fact that you shouldn’t offer opinions about other clubs’ players.

1 Like

Is this the first time they’ve selected an actual back 6 and not 2x mids and Pavlich?

Why do they continue to select non-captains for captains? Grant Thomas isn’t even on the panel.

Geez the Hottest 100 has turned to ■■■■.

4 Likes

NOBODY GIVES A ■■■■ ABOUT YOUR SUPERCOACH.

1 Like

Yikes. I didn’t realise that someone I never heard of would stir such strong opinions.

Thanks to the team I know he’s a defender. Credibility restored?

2 Likes

You know when Grant Thomas is on the panel because the coach of the team is named as Grant Thomas

How long until the AFL starts dragging this out over multiple nights…

1 Like

As soon as we reduce the season to 17 weeks.

3 Likes

Yeah not sure on Bud being captain. Didn’t think he had such a great season this year compared to his others.

Also Gaff has been great, but misses a decent enough chunk with his suspension, raised a little bit of an eyebrow. (though he was in AA form until that point though)

Maybe resident swans fan @diggers can shed some light on buddy’s year

Coniglio, J Kelly and Ben Brown I thought would have been given a Guernsey. Perhaps Kelly missed too much footy.

See I don’t understand this at all. Back in the day they used to give the Captain positions to people who were actually official leaders of their teams. Guys like Voss, Hird and Carey, ie actual leaders.

There are plenty of legitimate leaders in that team besides Buddy, who will almost certainly never be a club captain.

1 Like

Remember when Buddy had struggled all year with injury, and hadn’t been able to train at all, and hence why he couldn’t get a kick.

That was the media narrative last month

How about when Dusty was just playing out of the forward pocket because Hardwick was managing him. That was all year

I don’t see enough football to comment well, but this squad certainly doesn’t match up with the way the media talk about a lot of the opposition players throughout the year.

I reckon if you’re one of the “personalities” you only need to play to your level for a period of the year. (Let’s call it the Pavlich effect)

If you’re not one of those players you need to be A grade week in week out for 2 years to get a look in.

At least in this award you know what it is, a media driven promotional exercise.

Unfortunately the Brownlow has leant this way over the last couple of decades, with the umpires unable to see past the “stars”, even though the game is more of a team game than ever. This is reflected in the crazy vote counts (you need twice as many votes to win as Hird and Voss received to win. I’m pretty confident none of the recent winners have been twice as good!)

These nights just make me think of Shooter Mcgavan walking around telling everyone that it’s his time to win the tour championship. And everyone in the AFL industry thinking to themselves. “Yeah, Shooter’s right”.

3 Likes

They ■■■■■■’ phone this thing in. Flavour of the month bullshit.

1 Like

They’re too scared not to have it glittering with big showcase names. Martin, Franklin, Dangerfield were all in before the season started.

5 Likes

Hasn’t Dusty been pretty average this year? Ditto Danger?

Like they’ve both been goodish, but AA good?

2 Likes

Dusty is one of favourites for Brownlow still

But he shouldn’t really have been picked in AA centre. Oliver should have. And Dusty probably bench or in Danger’s spot on HFF

Lots of odd decisions but the selectors don’t care

What are you dorks moaning about now?