It’s back for season 2018! The tipping competition with a difference. No need to pick your tips week by week - you pick them all before the season starts!
Now in its 12th year, From Long Range (FLR) is a competition available exclusively to all Blitzers. Originally conceived and run by Mero, FLR provides you with something to do in the off season, as well as an interest during the season no matter how the Bombers are going.
Past winners include:
2011 Red Rover / Plugs
Last year’s prize was a signed sponsorship photo of Jobe Watson which I am sure @paddyl90 has hanging proudly somewhere - well done again Paddy!
This year’s prize has once again come from the BomberMcVeigh memorabilia dungeon and I think it will go down ok. A never been worn 2013 Benzina special jumper with the flight club donor’s names sublimated on it, including BomberBlitz.com!
Who wouldn’t like another Essendon jumper? It’s a Medium size if you plan on wearing it, but if your size is bigger than that, think of the money you’ll save on framing!
Most of you know how it goes, but for those who don’t, here are the rules and instructions:
- You must be a BomberBlitz member to play.
- Download the entry spreadsheet from here FLR 2018 - Your Blitz Name.xls
- Rename the file with your BomberBlitz name.
- Select the predicted winner (or draw) for each of the 198 matches of the season. Note: You may have to “Enable Editing” to be able to make your picks.
- Email your entry to BomberMcVeigh @ Gmail.com (without the spaces)
- You must do all of this BEFORE Thursday 22nd March 2018, 19:25 (start of the season) Any entries received after this time will be ignored.
- Any games that you don’t select a winner for will be assumed to be the AWAY team.
- Only one entry per Blitzer, including those with multiple personas.
- In the event of a tie, all winners will be recognised in the honour roll however due to the uniqueness of the prize, there will be a countback for the prize winner with the tipper with the most "9"s, “8”'s etc. being the winner.
- Any complaining or correspondence will probably be ignored.
- Entries will be recorded in this opening post as they have been processed.
- Anybody who wants their “ladder” can request that in their entry email.
- Progressive results will be published after each round in this thread.
That’s it. Any other rules I have forgotten will be made up as required.
Go for it! Last year we had 64 entries - let’s hope we can beat that this year!
2018 Entry List (63)