MRP MRO and Tribunal stuff - 2018

1 week for the sicily knee drop - just fark off afl.

3 Likes

“free kick Hawthorn”

2 Likes

Just 2 players scrambling as Selwood trying to get up according to Ralph.

I tend to think there is a duty of care not to kneel on a players head.

It’s nice to see the spirit of Sam Mitchell is alive and well at the Hawks.

2 Likes

I know it technically wasn’t right, and is “Not a good look”, … but Duckwood grabbed hold of his leg as he tried to get up and get going and Sicily just went “alright cokk, … cop this”, … and I for one applauded the effort at the time.

2 Likes

This wasn’t pinning a guy down with his knee; this was a knee drop to the temple.

As intentional high contact, that means it was rated as low impact (others options are medium, high, and severe). The System™ ranks it the same as a jumper punch, despite there being a lot more risk to it.

Obviously he’s not going to contest it and get 2 weeks instead.

1 Like

Don’t get any extra weeks for contesting it anymore. Club just has to pay a $10k “levy” to Gil’s polo club

Is there a 2018 table, or did they just remove all the higher penalties?

l have no love for Duckwood, but it is a weak act to knee a player while they are on the ground, even more so to the head. Sicily is bit of a goon, so 1 week sounds about right.

I thought, if the other bloke is concussed, you would get a week. Obviously not.

1 Like

Generally head clashes are not sanctioned because it is clearly accidental and both players hit their heads.

I thought it was, if you chose to bump instead of tackle then you are responsible for any head clash that may result.

2 Likes

Common sense prevailed with the Burton hit

1 Like

Looking forward to this exact same occurrence given a suspension later in the year.

3 Likes

The Sicily stomp

Surely a fine will suffice?

Wow.
Another waste of time.
I thought a stomp would actually be a stomp, not gingerly placing his foot on the guy’s leg.
Not sociable, but nor is it as bad as half the stuff that goes on in packs.
Give the guy a fine and move on.

I have to put my foot down and say that’s not on.

6 Likes

You don’t want to see underagers stomping gingerly, could be worth a week.

1 Like

You mean you’d like to put your foot down, ,. yeah?

1 Like

How long did Cess get for standing on Platten? This was deliberate, uncalled for and he’s an ugly ranga with a shyte attitude.

12 weeks

Not sure how Mitchell got off