2018 Non-Essington Finals WankWank

Um, excuse me?

4 Likes

If Melbourne won is be super annoyed but not angry.

If Richmond win I’ll be pretty angry.

If Geelong or Hawthorn win I’m going to set something on fire

1 Like

West Coast can’t win. I have to live with these people.

1 Like

Pfftt…
Kids these days…

In my days, kids would have to watch a public hanging in the town square on a Wednesday night and still have to get up at 3am the next morning to walk 2km barefooted to catch the wagon into town for school.

These millennials are soft as.

I’d be on board with this if not for the pick swap.

Sadly, aside from GWS, this year’s top 8 is a who’s who of teams I really don’t like. Horrible year.

INSTABAN!!

7 Likes

and if sydney win we have to live with you!

1 Like

1 Like

GET OUT.

NOW.

7 Likes

Yes, but I’m a terrific guy.

Alastair Clarkson details the keys to beating Richmond, and it’s not stopping Dustin Martin

Chris Cavanagh, Herald Sun

HAWTHORN master coach Alastair Clarkson has detailed his plan to dismantle Richmond as the clubs prepare to meet in a final for the first time next week.

The four-time premiership coach, who has steered the Hawks to a sixth top-four finish in seven years, said the Tigers were an “intriguing side” who played differently to most on the back of their strong intercept marking in defence.

Clarkson said the Tigers’ defenders were key to the side’s game plan, rebounding from half-back with speed transitioning into attack with forward handball.

Alex Rance, David Astbury, Dylan Grimes and Nick Vlastuin average 21.3 marks and 31.5 intercept possessions a game between them and are all in Clarkson’s sights as he seeks a strategy that can end Richmond’s 21-game winning streak at the MCG.

“Part of it is make sure those buggers don’t mark it in the back end, but they’re the best marking side in the back part of the ground of any side in the competition,” Clarkson told Fox Footy.

“If you can get the ball to ground level and compete, you’re going to give yourself some sort of chance, but if they’re marking the footy, they’re bouncing out of there pretty quickly and playing some really high-octane football that gets it in their forward line pretty quickly, and they’re pretty formidable down there as well.

“Most sides in the competition, when you lose the ball like Richmond do on occasion from the middle of the ground and it goes into their defence, most sides their midfielders push back really, really deeply.

“Richmond don’t have to do that because they’ve got Rance, Vlastuin, Astbury, Grimes behind the ball.

“When we’re talking about this forward handball concept, when those defenders get the ball and look up, there’s some Richmond midfielders that are still sitting in the midfield.”

The Hawks hope James Sicily (wrist) will be given medical clearance to return in the VFL this weekend. James Frawley (back) is set to be available and four-time premiership defender Grant Birchall (knee) has not been ruled out of featuring in September despite not playing at AFL level since Round 15 last year.

“He’s had a pretty strong block of training over the last four-six weeks,” Clarkson said of Birchall.

“Our biggest dilemma obviously is going to be has he got the match fitness. But we backed (Cyril) Rioli in in 2014. I dare say we might be backing this guy in as well if he gets himself there.”

Clarkson agreed there were similarities between his side and the Baby Bombers who achieved premiership success in 1993, saying an injection of youth in the second half of the season had been key to winning six straight games.

“It’s more about where we’re going to be in the next two or three years than it is right now,” he said.

“But while we’re here we’re going to give it everything we possibly can.”

i really, really dislike that clarkson bloke, but getting that side to fourth is a fair farken effort. he’s a genius. i reckon they’ll knock the tigers off.

Melbourne can have it. Let Hibbo and Melksham be premiership players.

4 Likes

So kick it along the ground, got it

Said it before and ill say it again. Id be fine with Collingwood or Hawthorn. Anything but watching those prehistoric cave dwelling troglodytes celebrating back to back flags.

1 Like

Golden point, ffs, farken Gill

1 Like

I am tipping against Richmond. I see signs they are off. They are not as good as the Hawthorn 2013, or the Brisbane 2001 teams, I think they are tired and are ready to be knocked off. Most likely? Melbourne.

Yeah imagine if it’s a howling gale…

I believe in fairytales🧚‍♀️ I would love the Dees to go on a barnstorming run and take out this years GF. They’d take out the Cats, Hawks, Eagles in the process. C’mon, 64 long suffering years. It’s time …

2 Likes

Richmond are going to kill Hawthorn dead about 5 minutes into the last.

2 Likes