2018 Pre Season Discussion

Some of my thoughts:

I actually thought some of Francis’ field kicking was really good. He definitely looks fitter, and seemed to be chosen to be kicking the 45 degree kick from the backline into the middle. Some nice pinpoint passes.

Stewart stood out for me, was really physical, pushing blokes off himself and contesting strongly in the air for marks. Looks like Tarzan, was playing like Tarzan.

Adam Saad - wow. He runs flat out AT people and then zigs or zags around them and through their tackle at the last second. He really open up play by doing this and on a couple of occasion during the half-ground ball movement drill, was responsible for setting up a chain that resulted in a shot for goal.

Zerk-Thatcher intercepted well on a few occasions. noticed him most of the new crop.

Langford and Laverde just both looked…ready. Like they are both ready to step up and be good contributors to the senior team.

Stringer was doing a solo drill on the Etihad oval when I got there. Start in the goal square, lead out hard towards a flank, mark (or gather) a kick from 1 trainer, turn and run towards the other flank and pass to 2nd trainer, run back to goal square a lead out again, mark and take set shot. The gut running and gathering of loose balls below his knees was impressive. He had brand new boots on and sprayed about 5 of the set shots in a row.
How do i know the boots were brand new? He took them off to change boots and gave one to my son! Barely a mark on them. Thanks Jake!

25 Likes