2018 Pre Season Discussion

Who writes this drivel FFS

2 Likes

In terms of what the article got right, we are all desperately hoping that improved midfield defensive efforts help the backline and in general results in reduced scores against us.

1 Like

It’s amazing how many simple stats these sort of articles get wrong. 3rd highest points against in 2017? We were 12th so I make that 7th highest.

Ouch!

Interesting commentary on tactics and the opposition analyst role.

Includes some comments from Rob Harding.

I find it amzing how much stock people put in JLT form.

Most so called footy experts have us at the lower end of the 8 or even out of it.

After the trade period a lot had us challenging for the flag.

In Essendon’s case I’d imagine they were keen to exercise aspects of their “new and improved” defensive game plan in the JLT and failed miserably on both occasions.

I guess the point was that this “new and improved” defensive game plan wasn’t really discussed at trade period.

I know they are predictions and they are entitled to their own judgement but I think it’s a little premature basing it off two games that meant little.

/fxd

4 Likes

I’m sure these journalist write that line with a smirk on their face.

listening to the Craw-Hirdy podcasts I take it that preseason differs between the players and it’s a part of a much bigger program. So hard to really know how players and the coach approach it.

1 Like

As of tonight the pre-season is over.

I dont suppose it stops us from discussing how good/bad the EFC pre-season was. Weare going to find out. Very soon.

1 Like

Looking forward to watching this thread die.
Close at the naming of the team?