2018 Season in Review: The Clapper v Gloomer Deathmatch

In the red corner: “Our midfield is the best it’s been for 15 years; Franga is awesome; Langford is awesome, no Daniher or Fanta most of the year”.

In the blue corner: “We can’t win at the G, we missed the finals again and we haven’t won a final since the Stone Age”.

aaaaaand: FIGHT

20 Likes

Typical.

The Realists are excluded again. :roll_eyes: Go on then, … I’ll start my own fkn thread.

2 Likes

you’re fkg clapper with aspirations of being right.

18 Likes

End 2018 in better shape than 2017, despite not playing in a massive Elimination Final loss.

This club is now playing anywhere, anytime football. People will bring up the MCG record but the last three games there against top 4 sides concluded with 16, 4 & 8 point losses… after we led for periods of all 3 games.

Who picked us winning 5 out of 6 on the road this year?

Many mistakes made in the first 8 weeks, yep. Plenty of egos heading into 2018 as well expecting it to just happen. Won’t happen next year.

10 Likes

I’m a Glapper. Come at me.

Geez, way to ruin a party.

1 Like

I’m in the purple corner

1 Like

I’m in the corner that doesn’t have IT going into every thread and trying to start fights with everyone.

5 Likes

2018 OUT: shyte set shot goal kicking

2019 IN: goal kicking coach, not just anyone, a damn good one

4 Likes

download

1 Like

whiner

1 Like

We are in better shape now than we were 50 weeks ago, but just like Liverpool supporters “next year will be our year”.

List looks good, game plan looks good, lets see what happens

The one thing against us is that in 2016 and 2017, dogs and Tigers kind of snuck up on teams, their form came from nowhere. We wont have that luxury of sneaking up on teams next year, teams already know what we can do

5 Likes

Knowing our game plan and stopping it can be two different issues. Everyone knows the Tigers game plan, few have the ability to stop it.

1 Like

My main worry was that by the time we peaked Hooker and Hurley might only be just hanging on. With Francis look out.

Just need Joe and Raz to be fit next year

1 Like

NO U.

2 Likes

lol

We stunk it up for 6 weeks. Fact.
Why?
Does anyone actually know?

Roll on 2019.

Year started sucking when the Ignore function disappeared.

Really need to be able to fk off the nuffies and children.

Hoping it returns in good shape after the off season and has a huuuuge year.

3 Likes

coaches and players do, and they turned it around.

Definite glapper here too.

At least we are better placed to actually have success for the first time in so long.

2 Likes