2019 Draft Watch - it’s over, apart from all the remaining bits

Late/rookie, the fact he didn’t make Metro selection would say 40s at the very best for him

Ballard I think has him covered but he was one I liked before the champs and he may consider himself unlucky, his work overhead for his size and lack of contested ability are his main issue not to mention the consistency but he looks great when he gets the ball and he is very clean at ground level for his size.

Not sure he is the type we should look at, Ridley as a tall wingman would have him well covered.

If his forward craft was half decent and he had, or could build a good engine he’d sound a lot like Mitch Brown.

Remember Mitch was actually a first round draft pick (15).
A bit of a surprise to be taken so early, but more a case of a KPP who didn’t live up to their potential ( injuries partly) until becoming a late bloomer.
The opposite of a tall who may develop elite traits later in their career. And outside of ruckmen that’s a rare thing ( smalls seem much more likely) - I can only think of a couple of talls who’ve come back from outside the drafting system- Ambrose Podsiadly Jack Redpath Mihocek

Note this is distinct from talls who may be drafted late, and given several years to develop.

So the drafting history for talls is pretty straightforward- Clubs see something worth taking a punt on, or they’re destined to never quite make it

Josh D’Intinosanto 6 goals (+6 tackles) on the weekend, sits equal second on the NAB League goalkicking tally

Do we want to add another Italian to our forward line?

1 Like
1 Like

Any surprises in there?

What’s your rundown on Sharman, and how high can you see him going?

Not many suprised really, don’t think Sharman is a player for us although the other suprise call up Philp does fit our needs as a contested inside mid who is very clean at stoppages.

Sharman is more of a Sam Sturt/Bailey Fritcsh type so a medium tall forward with a great leap.

VM-VC is the only Championships match that I can’t find for free online…so if anyone has a YouTube link or something, I would be interested.

@scotty21’s version of trade period…

7 Likes

How is sharman at ground level? And defensively? And most importantly can he kick straight?

I think he have room for a small/medium forward who can take hangers, but they’d need to be more versatility and have involvement than Houlahan does.

Sharman is more medium/tall than small/medium

I haven’t seen enough of him to say if his kicking at goal is good or not, has had some fairly routine set shots for goal.

1 Like

Matthew Lloyd trained, captain of Haileybury. No relation to the Flea. Small Forward who can jump on heads, kick straight and is super professional.

First saw him a couple of years ago at Haileybury when they had the likes of the Kings, LDU, Brayshaw and I think he kicked 4 goals in ■■■■ conditions and he was even smaller than he is now and way lighter

Certainly has talent

Sounds like a kid who will get the most out of himself, and fit in seamlessly with our developing young group. Dare I say he is a very Richmond sort of pick?

It’ll be nice the have a “cattle farmer” added to the squad, comes from good stock.

1 Like

italians do it better they say
ask orazio

1 Like

Cattle Farmer?
From good stock?
Appears likely to have calf issues.

He would have a lot at steak. Do you have a beef with that?

What can he re- veal?

I’m sure Ham and Devon would appreciate his insights on the matter

1 Like

Ah as per usual you guys are milking this for all its worth.