2019 Lid Off! Red and black vexillolographers welcome

mdso pls

Thereā€™s plenty of other threads for this talk

1 Like

Staggered that they had 20 more inside 50s than the cats and lost by 80 points. Their defensive zone/forward press got absolutely picked apart

I cant believe Iā€™m doing this

5 Likes

All their mids got the ball to about 60 out and bombed long for a goal only to end up with a cats player marking or spoiling and launching a counter attack. Their forwardline looked almost as bad as ours.

I think it will come down to which team puts in the most effort and goal accuracy will also be important.

Iā€™m sensing we are at the turning point. We are about to change from the ESSINGTON caterpillar into a beautiful Essendon butterfly. I really feel it.

6 Likes

3rd quarter performance was good.

Pretty rusty, but good.

1 Like

Like magical transformation./transmutuation

1 Like

Agreed. What happened in the 4th? Saints counter us or did we go back into our shells?

butter

1 Like

The average life span of a butterfly is one month. So back to normal for Essendon in May eh?

I dreamed I was a butterfly, flitting around in the sky; then I awoke. Now I wonder: Am I a man who dreamt of being a butterfly, or am I a butterfly dreaming that I am a man?

1 Like

Yet paradoxically the only way to really truly love and be loved is to fully open your heartā€¦ like opening a lid off - opening that f@rking lid right off you gloomy f@rks!!!

Parish to out inside their inside mids and make Melb wish theyā€™d used the Oliver pick on him.

Dons by a lazy 40.

1 Like

Didnā€™t lose a game today. Lid off, looking for a big % booster coming up.

You are a flutterby, flap your wings and get going.

I know the Demons are a very good side, with a stacked midfield being fed by probably the premier ruckman in the game.
None of that is relevant right now though.
Gawn, Jones and Viney are all well below their best football, and the whole side has taken a hit confidence wise.

I saw them Rd.1.
Forget about the margin.
They were well beaten and exposed horribly on the outside by Port.
The Cats game they looked worse.
We can definitely beat them, but we HAVE to start the game well and convert some chances.
Particularly from players like Fanta and Tippa.

1 Like

And they will be thinking exactly the same thing.

Should be a fkn epic 1st qtr.

1 Like

The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly.

Look, if youā€™re using the internet, have a bank account, pay electricity bills, support a frigginā€™ (human) football teamā€¦youā€™re probably a bloke who had a weird dream, yeah?

Given your experience as a butterfly was flying around and going ā€˜la-la-la-la-la.ā€™
I get that itā€™s supposed to be this great philosophical question, butā€¦ffs.

blink

4 Likes