2020 AGM/Members Forum

Bloody hell. I so wish you were able to ask those questions.

As I’ve pointed out in the VFL thread we seem to be way behind compared to other teams.

I caught up with my godson 2 nights ago who’s part of Easterns Rangers coaching team and is also currently trailing for Sandringham as a player and he told me just how far ahead Sandy and Box hill are compared to Essendon. It’s a joke tbh, and not a very funny one.

Does anyone have Xaviers email and can PM it to me?

4 Likes

That’s a very good effort by Gai Williams. Looks like a few members preferred her to Sean.

4 Likes

I think they use the format [email protected]

I would also try his EA Lisa Raciti

[email protected] is what I have

2 Likes

Currently watching

Rutten is getting better each time when he speaks imo

3 Likes

I didn’t tell you this and I’d hate it to go public, but try
[email protected]. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

They haven’t signed up a replacement broadcaster, either.

2 Likes

It’s as if the club don’t understand that your VFL program is the foundation of football club, and that it’s the genesis of all player development.

Frankly, lagging like this is inexcusable.

5 Likes

It is. I wish I could say I was surprised.

We seem to have picked up some really good kids in the draft. One of our key gripes has been player development. This has the potential to turn into a car crash of epic proportions.

1 Like

There was bound to be something that slipped through the cracks when we sacked our football manager. This clearly is one of them.

Hopefully they get it sorted before the players return. Positive is the draftees won’t have spent any time with them this week before the break. Downside is I suspect the best vfl talent will have already been picked up by the teams that had their ■■■■ together.

Hearing Aaron Heppell signing with Leongatha didn’t fill me with confidence.

100%

Seriously, I’m drafting an email as we speak. If I don’t get a reply I’m going to complain to a mutual acquaintance of X and myself.

I genuinely want answers here, it isn’t good enough.

11 Likes

That’s probably got something to do with the age profile of the AFL clubs in the new competition adviser to try and keep their list to players under 24.

With that being said all the other vic clubs are miles ahead of combing the local comps for the best talent between 19-21

Hence why my godsons at Sandy at the moment.

2 years of tac cup in 2018-19 and played for Vic metro 16’s and 18’s, he can football. They have his brother down there as well. Who technically can still do another season of NAB league but is opting for the pay packet option instead.

I’ll reiterate: we don’t have a coach; we have not signed a player, as far as I know we haven’t spoken in any offical capacity to Calder, and we haven’t even started training yet. My GS and his brother are already 6 sessions in at Sandringham.

Given we’ve just completed our best draft hand in 2 decades, and the team we put around them is going to be a complete bodge job, it’s a total disaster.

3 Likes

I’ve emailed Xavier before and got a response. Seems he has his flaws in other areas, but he does take time to talk to members.

2 Likes

Gee whiz. Spent all that money on a set and hiring de-stoop and the production team while making it as difficult as possible to watch it live. Thats as on-brand as it gets!

So you’re saying our club has somehow forgotten we have a VFL side and it’s slipped through the cracks?
That is the dumbest thing I’ve read today lol.
We never settle the side until the new year. Hasn’t been a problem before, so why now?
Seriously you can’t make up some of the crap on this forum. Actually appears you can.

I’m not defending it. From memory Paul Cousins said in one of the 50,000 podcasts he was on that this was waiting on the new football manager.

So yeah. It didn’t happen because of the change in football manager. It’s dumb, but if you’re throwing crap my way, redirect it at the club.

Isn’t Mark Corrigan the coach?

Nope. Stood down mid year. Now coaches Casey

2 Likes